|Country of origin||USA|
|Source of milk||Cow|
|Aging time||10-12 months|
BellaVitano is a cow's milk cheese made by the Sartori Company of Plymouth, Wisconsin. Introduced in 1999, BellaVitano Gold is one of a number of different cheeses made by the company. It is a hard cheese with a nutty, fruity flavor and is also available in a number of flavored varieties.The cheese, in its various forms, has won a number of international, national, and state awards.
- The original variety, BellaVitano Gold, is inspired by traditional Italian farmstead cheese. Starting out like Parmesan, it has a creamy, rich texture with light fruity notes and a sweet and tangy finish. The crunch comes from calcium lactate crystals that form as the cheese ages. Gold was named Grand Champion at the 2013 World Dairy Expo. All BellaVitano varieties are based on this cheese.
- Balsamic BellaVitano is immersed in imported 6-year-old Italian balsamic vinegar. Further aging allows the light, fruity taste of the cheese to marry with the sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar to deliver a sharper taste with some hints of raisins.
- Black Pepper BellaVitano is hand-coated in premium coarse ground black pepper. The salty-spicy bite of the black pepper contrasts with the creamy fruitiness of the BellaVitano.
- Merlot BellaVitano is immersed in a fine Merlot wine which adds fruitiness to the cheese.
- Raspberry BellaVitano is immersed in a tart raspberry ale, giving the cheese a distinctive fruity taste.
- Chai BellaVitano is hand-coated with a blend of Chai spices including black tea, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Espresso BellaVitano is hand-coated with fresh ground Italian roast espresso beans to give the cheese the sweet, slightly smoky, roasted flavors of an Italian-style espresso coffee.
Other limited edition varieties of BellaVitano Gold are made available from time to time.
- "BellaVitano". Wmmb.org. Retrieved 2014-01-31.[permanent dead link]
- cheese underground lady (2008-12-10). "Cheese Underground: BellaVitano". Cheeseunderground.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Shaun Weston (2013-08-21). "News | Sartori Reserve BellaVitano Gold Cheese wins Dairy Expo awards". FoodBev.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Balsamic BellaVitano | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Black Pepper BellaVitano | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Merlot BellaVitano | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Raspberry BellaVitano | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "All What's New > Chai BellaVitano Pairs Exotic Spices With Creamy, Sweet Cheese". Wmmb.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Espresso BellaVitano | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Thirteen Medals for Sartori Cheese at World Cheese Awards". Specialtyfood.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Sartori Cheese Wins Gold at Global Cheese Awards | Culture: the word on cheese". Culturecheesemag.com. Retrieved 2014-01-31.