Belladonna is an Italian Rock noir band.
- 1 Career
- 1.1 Metaphysical Attraction
- 1.2 The Noir Album
- 1.3 On tour around the world
- 1.4 Collaboration with Michael Nyman
- 1.5 And There Was Light
- 1.6 Touring Europe
- 1.7 The Sweet Child O' Mine single
- 1.8 Shooting Dice With God
- 1.9 The Undress Your Soul single
- 1.10 The God Below single in a Minions TV spot
- 1.11 The Orchestral Album
- 1.12 The Belladonna Soundscape Collection Vol.1
- 1.13 The Spiders of Gomorrah single in a Netflix trailer
- 1.14 Belladonna's guitarist at The Voice Of Italy and on Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 trailer
- 1.15 No Star Is Ever Too Far
- 2 Band members
- 3 Discography
- 4 External links
- 5 References
Belladonna was formed on 14 February 2005 in Rome, Italy by Luana Caraffa and Dani Macchi after forming "a songwriting partnership". During the course of the following months Belladonna wrote and recorded many songs, eleven of which would become their first full album: Metaphysical Attraction. Within months of creating a MySpace account in 2005, Belladonna became the most played Italian band on MySpace next to Lacuna Coil.
As Belladonna's celebrity status grew in 2006, they were interviewed by major media outlets such as GQ. Glamour magazine did a two-page photo spread on the band and their MySpace fame. In early 2007 National Italian television La7 resounded Belladonna's web popularity in a news story that described them as "the most listened to Italian band on MySpace".
In August 2007, Belladonna released the music video of Mystical Elysian Love which was filmed on location in Berlin, Germany. The video reached #73 on the worldwide YouTube most watched music videos chart on the same day it was released. In November 2007 Belladonna was the headliner musical act for the Erotica 07 event at The Grand Hall, Olympia in London. Sharing the stage with Belladonna at Erotica 07 was burlesque artist Dita Von Teese, Marilyn Manson's former wife. The attendance of the Erotica 07 event was estimated at over 100,000 people.
In 2008, two tracks from Belladonna's first album Metaphysical Attraction, Black Swan and Foreverland, were nominated in the Ballot of the 2008 Grammy Awards for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals (Category 16) and for Best Rock Song (Category 20).
The Noir Album
In June 2008 Belladonna collaborated with Sylvia Massy at Radiostar Studios to produce recordings for their second album. Sylvia Massy has produced bands such as Tool, System of a Down, Skunk Anansie, and Johnny Cash. In December 2008 Belladonna embarked on a promotional tour that included a show at The Fly in London.
Belladonna's second album The Noir Album was released on 6 March 2009. The band played showcases at the Key Club in Los Angeles (CA) on 16 March and at South by Southwest Festival (SXSW) in Austin, Texas on 18 March. In May 2009 Belladonna appeared the cover of the USA magazine Muen with Lacuna Coil. From September 2009 the album's first single Till Death Do Us Part received airplay on UK's BBC Four, where Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson aired it on his Friday Rock Show.
On tour around the world
In June 2009 Belladonna played a show as special guests to Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver bass player Duff McKagan's band Loaded, and in an open-air music festival in Milan with Mars Volta, Korn and Nine Inch Nails
On 26 November 2009 Belladonna played a UK showcase at The Garage in London.
Collaboration with Michael Nyman
In December 2010 Belladonna released Let There Be Light, a single written in collaboration with English composer Michael Nyman and based on his The Heart Asks Pleasure First from the soundtrack of the Jane Campion movie The Piano. Michael Nyman himself plays piano on the track.
And There Was Light
In August 2010 the band started pre-production on their third album And There Was Light, which they recorded in November in Los Angeles., produced by Dani Macchi with the help of Grammy-nominated producer Alex Elena and of Metallica's Metallica (album) engineer Mike Tacci, and mixed by Macchi in the band's studio in Rome. The album features several musical guests, including Imani Coppola and Ruby Friedman, as well as spoken word contributions by British occultist Aleister Crowley and German psychologist Carl Jung
In May 2011 And There Was Light was released on iTunes worldwide. The album enters the Italian iTunes Top 100, and reaches the number one spot in the CD Baby chart of the best selling rock albums worldwide.
In Sept 2011 Belladonna are mentioned alongside Nine Inch Nails, Moby and Marilyn Manson in Mötley Crüe's frontman Vince Neil's autobiography Tattoos and Tequila as one of the most important acts that have been influenced by Mötley Crüe in recent years.
In May 2012 Belladonna‘s guitar player Dani Macchi was voted Best Italian Indie Guitar Player in a poll organized by MEI, the official Italian Indie Labels Association.
The Sweet Child O' Mine single
Shooting Dice With God
On 22 April 2013 Belladonna released their fourth album Shooting Dice With God. The video of the first single off the album, Karma Warrior, gets featured as an exclusive preview on the Rolling Stone Italy website.
The band went immediately on tour all over Europe to support this album release.
On 26 February 2014 Belladonna played a headline show in London's legendary rock venue The Borderline 
The Undress Your Soul single
On 10 June 2015 Belladonna release Undress Your Soul a song written and produced in collaboration with renowned Italian film composer Pasquale Catalano, based on his music of Italian cult TV series Romanzo criminale – La serie. The track's video is premiered on Italy's best-selling newspaper La Repubblica's website 
The God Below single in a Minions TV spot
The Orchestral Album
The 23rd of March 2016 the band releases The Orchestral Album, 10 songs from their catalogue completely re-arranged and recorded with a concert orchestra featuring many of Ennio Morricone's regular orchestral players and conducted by Kazakh arranger/conductor Angelina Yershova, who co-produced the album with Belladonna's guitarist and producer Dani Macchi.
The Belladonna Soundscape Collection Vol.1
In 2017 Belladonna release The Belladonna Soundscape Collection Vol.1, a movie-industry-only release of over 200 instrumental tracks all recorded using exclusively original elements from their albums. During the course of the same year tracks from this collection are used in the trailers and TV spots of big-budget Hollywood movies such as Split, My Cousin Rachel, and The Dark Tower. The band then gets commissioned to write music for the trailer of the Marvel movie Black Panther, released in October 2017. 
The Spiders of Gomorrah single in a Netflix trailer
Belladonna's guitarist at The Voice Of Italy and on Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 trailer
In 2018 Belladonna's guitarist Dani Macchi is chosen by Lacuna Coil's Cristina Scabbia to be the vocal coach of her team on the 2018 edition of the tv talent show The Voice Of Italy . In August 2018 Dani Macchi is featured in the trailer of Michael Moore's movie Fahrenheit 11/9, performing a rock guitar version of The Star Spangled Banner.
No Star Is Ever Too Far
In January 2019 the band releases its sixth album No Star Is Ever Too Far. Three of its songs have been licensed in international movies and trailers: The Turing Sniper is featured in Remember Me, My Love, the Gabriele Muccino drama featuring Monica Bellucci, Black Beauty is featured in the Michael Moore documentary movie Fahrenheit 11/9, and We Belong To Hell is included in the international tv spot of the thriller My Cousin Rachel.
- Luana Caraffa – Vocals
- Dani Macchi – Guitar
- Martina Petrucci – Piano
- Anastasia Angelini - Bass
- Mattia Mari – Drums
- Metaphysical Attraction (2006)
- The Noir Album (2009)
- And There Was Light (2011)
- Shooting Dice With God (2013)
- The Orchestral Album (2016)
- No Star Is Ever Too Far (2019)
- Official Belladonna site
- Belladonna on Facebook
- Belladonna on CDBaby
- Belladonna on YouTube
- Belladonna on Spotify
- "Dani Macchi Interview". Guitarhoo!. Guitarhoo.com. December 17, 2012. Archived from the original on March 16, 2013. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Belladonna: 'Rock Noir Seems To Aptly Describe What We Do' Archived February 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna share Muen Magazine's cover with Lacuna Coil
- Belladonna on Muen Magazine
- Belladonna's concert in London
- Belladonna with Duff, Mars Volta, Korn and Nine Inch Nails
- Belladonna with Duff, Mars Volta, Korn and Nine Inch Nails
- "Belladonna as Loaded's special guests". Archived from the original on June 25, 2009. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
- Belladonna's set of pictures with Mars Volta, Korn and Nine Inch Nails[permanent dead link]
- Belladonna at Hitweek L.A.
- Belladonna at hitweek.it
- Belladonna @ Purple Turtle in London on sonicshocks.com Archived July 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna Thunder MCC Music And Bike Festival at Powderham Castle in Devon on thundermcc.co.uk Archived June 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Belladonna Thunder MCC Music And Bike Festival at Powderham Castle in Devon on jphedge.com". Archived from the original on July 13, 2011. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- Luana interview on femmemetal.net Archived July 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- BELLADONNA UK TOUR July 2010
- Phoenix Rising live @The Purple Turtle London July 13, 2010
- The collaboration with Belladonna mentioned on Michael Nyman's website Archived July 19, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna release "And There Was Light" Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna release "And There Was Light" Archived March 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna mentioned in Vince Neil's autobiography Archived March 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna European Tour 2012
- Belladonna Czech Republic Tour Oct 2012
- Belladonna's Dani Macchi voted Best Italian Indie Guitar Player
- Belladonna release their version of "Sweet Child O' Mine"
- Belladonna new release out today Archived April 26, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna's new video "Karma Warrior" featured on Rolling Stone Italy's website Archived May 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Belladonna announce tour
- Belladonna on The Borderline's website Archived March 7, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- The Belladonna/P.Catalano "Undress Your Soul" video on La Repubblica's website
- The news of the Belladonna track being included in the "Minions"' TV spot
- Belladonna's "The God Below" video
- The "Minions"' "Fifty Shades Of Yellow" TV spot
- The news of "The Orchestral Album" release on Bravewords
- The news of tracks from "The Belladonna Soundscape Collection Vol.1" in the "My Cousin Rachel" tv spots
- The news of Belladonna music on the "Black Panther" trailer and of tracks from "The Belladonna Soundscape Collection Vol.1" in the "Split" and "The Dark Tower" tv spots
- The news of the Belladonna song "Spiders of Gomorrah" being featured in the Netflix series "Godless"'trailer
- Interview with Cristina Scabbia mentioning Dani Macchi as vocal coach of her team at The Voice Of Italy 2018
- The news of Dani Macchi playing a rock guitar version of "The Star Spangled Banner" in the "Fahrenheit 11/9" trailer
- The news of "The Turing Sniper" in "Remember Me, My Love"
- The news of "Black Beauty" in "Fahrenheit 11/9"
- The news of "We Belong To Hell" in "My Cousin Rachel"