||This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (March 2014)|
|Founded||July 1, 2012|
|Defunct||October 18, 2013|
|Products||Dairy, Deli, Frozen Foods, Grocery, Meat, Produce, Health & Beauty Care|
Belle Foods, LLC was a family-owned chain of American supermarkets headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, which was operated by father-son team Bill White and Jeff White. The company officially began operation July 1, 2012, filed for bankruptcy in July 2013 and ceased operations in October 2013. Before Bill White and Jeff White started running Belle Foods in mid-2012, the 57-store grocery chain employed approximately 3,000 people.
Leading up to the bankruptcy, Belle Foods said in April 2013 that it would hire approx. 300 part-time employees. In order for this to happen, many full-time employees with over 20 years of experience had to be reduced to part-time or take a layoff. Bill White at the time said, "I could see that if I didn't move forward with these reductions, even more teammates could be negatively affected." 
Belle Foods filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on July 1, 2013, exactly one year after its founding. In September 2013, Associated Wholesale Grocers was the only bidder (in a stalking horse bid) for Belle Foods stores being auctioned and offered just $16.1 million.
In an ironic twist, not only was Belle Foods named "Retailer of the Year" in late 2012, its CEO, Bill White, was elected to the National Grocers Association's Board of Directors in February 2013, about four months before Belle Foods declared bankruptcy.
- "Contact." Belle Foods. Retrieved on October 5, 2012. "800 Lakeshore Pkwy Birmingham Alabama 35211"
- "Belle Foods to sell remaining 44 stores". AL.com. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Father, son pursue dream with purchase of Southern Family's 57 grocery stores in 4 states". AL.com. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Birmingham-based Belle Foods to hire 300 part-time employees and reduce its full-time workforce". AL.com. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Belle Foods files bankruptcy "Belle Foods files bankruptcy" Check
value (help). Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- AWG is a Lone Bidder for Belle Foods; The Associated Grocers could have several new stores
- "Birmingham-based Belle Foods named Southeast Retailer of the Year". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "NGA Elects Belle Foods’ Bill White To Board". The Shelby Report. Retrieved 4 July 2013.