|Founded||July 1, 2012|
|Defunct||October 18, 2013|
|Alabama, Georgia, Florida & Mississippi|
|Products||Dairy, Deli, Frozen Foods, Grocery, Meat, Produce, Health & Beauty Care|
Belle Foods, LLC was a family-owned chain of American supermarkets headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. The company had a relatively short lifespan. It began operating its rebranded Bruno's and Food World and Piggly Wiggly Stores on July 1, 2012, but filed for bankruptcy just one year later. Before owners Bill White and Jeff White purchased the stores from Southern Family Markets in mid-2012, the 57-store grocery chain employed approximately 3,000 people.
Belle Foods filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on July 1, 2013, exactly one year after its founding. The company cited increased competition and higher payroll taxes as factors in its bankruptcy filing. In September 2013, Associated Wholesale Grocers was the only bidder (in a stalking horse bid) for Belle Foods stores being auctioned and offered $16.1 million.
Belle Foods was named "Retailer of the Year" in late 2012 by the Birmingham Business Journal. Its CEO, Bill White, was elected to the National Grocers Association's Board of Directors in February 2013.
- "Contact." Belle Foods. Retrieved on October 5, 2012. "800 Lakeshore Pkwy Birmingham Alabama 35211"
- "Belle Foods to sell remaining 44 stores". AL.com. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Father, son pursue dream with purchase of Southern Family's 57 grocery stores in 4 states". AL.com. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Belle Foods files bankruptcy". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- AWG is a Lone Bidder for Belle Foods; The Associated Grocers could have several new stores
- "Birmingham-based Belle Foods named Southeast Retailer of the Year". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "NGA Elects Belle Foods' Bill White To Board". The Shelby Report. Retrieved 4 July 2013.