Belle Glade Camp, Florida
|Belle Glade Camp, Florida|
Location of Belle Glade Camp, Florida
|• Total||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||2,380.3/sq mi (919.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867114|
Belle Glade Camp is located at (26.659764, -80.682615).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.2 km² (0.5 mi²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,141 people, 284 households, and 232 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 917.8/km² (2,380.3/mi²). There were 294 housing units at an average density of 236.5/km² (613.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 13.15% White (1.4% were Non-Hispanic White,) 69.59% African American, 0.35% Native American, 0.18% Pacific Islander, 10.60% from other races, and 6.13% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 23.66% of the population.
There were 284 households out of which 54.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 35.9% were married couples living together, 29.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.0% were non-families. 14.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.02 and the average family size was 4.35.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 46.3% under the age of 18, 11.4% from 18 to 24, 26.3% from 25 to 44, 12.8% from 45 to 64, and 3.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 20 years. For every 100 females there were 89.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.5 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $20,278, and the median income for a family was $17,656. Males had a median income of $22,574 versus $15,455 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $4,995. About 57.1% of families and 62.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 70.1% of those under age 18 and 74.1% of those age 65 or over.
- Mt Calvary Baptist Church
Crestwood Middle, Belle Glade High
- Carver St.
- Bethune St.
- Davis Rd.
- Davis St.
- Davis Terrace
- Davis Ct.
- P St.
- Q St.
- R St.
- Canal St.
- 1st St.
- Bethune Ct.
- Bethune Terrace
- Carver Ct.
- Everglades Pl.
- Everglades Terrace
- Roosevelt St.
- S Main St.
- Spooner Rd.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 8, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- "Demographics of Belle Glade Camp, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Belle Glade Camp, Florida". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-12-05.