Bellerose Terrace, New York
Bellerose Terrace, New York
|County||Nassau County, New York|
|• Total||0.13 sq mi (0.32 km2)|
|• Land||0.13 sq mi (0.32 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||75 ft (23 m)|
|• Density||18,632.00/sq mi (7,199.76/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0943609|
Bellerose Terrace is located on the border of Queens County. It is adjacent to the neighborhoods of Bellerose, Queens and Queens Village, Queens in New York City, the Incorporated Village of Bellerose in Nassau County to the east, Floral Park to the southeast, and Elmont to the south.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Race / Ethnicity||Pop 2010||Pop 2020||% 2010||% 2020|
|White alone (NH)||764||601||34.76%||25.81%|
|Black or African American alone (NH)||168||151||7.64%||6.48%|
|Native American or Alaska Native alone (NH)||1||15||0.05%||0.64%|
|Asian alone (NH)||611||782||27.80%||33.58%|
|Pacific Islander alone (NH)||0||1||0.00%||0.04%|
|Some Other Race alone (NH)||37||47||1.68%||2.02%|
|Mixed Race/Multi-Racial (NH)||49||77||2.23%||3.31%|
|Hispanic or Latino (any race)||568||655||25.84%||28.12%|
Note: the US Census treats Hispanic/Latino as an ethnic category. This table excludes Latinos from the racial categories and assigns them to a separate category. Hispanics/Latinos can be of any race.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,198 people, 633 households, and 544 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 22,212.2 per square mile (8,328.2/km2). There were 587 housing units at an average density of 6,683.2/sq mi (2,505.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 49.5% White, 8.4% African American, 0.1% Native American, 28.1% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 10.4% from other races, and 3.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 25.8% of the population.
There were 633 households, out of which 41.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.8% were married couples living together, 13.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 14.1% were non-families. 11.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.47 and the average family size was 3.76.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 24.1% under the age of 18, 9.6% from 18 to 24, 29.7% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 9.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37.9 years. For every 100 females, there were 98.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.5 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $92,750, and the median income for a family was $96,094. Males had a median income of $52,617 versus $53,478 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $31,802. About 3.8% of families and 3.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 10.8% of those age 65 or over. According to the 2013 American Community Survey, 29.9% of families make $100,000 to $199,000 and 15.3% make $200,000 or more.
Bellerose Terrace is served by the Floral Park-Bellerose Union Free School District for elementary education, and the Sewanhaka Central High School District for secondary education; the elementary district feeds into it.
- "ArcGIS REST Services Directory". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 20, 2022.
- "Bellerose Terrace CDP, New York". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 23, 2021.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- "Long Island Index: Interactive Map". www.longislandindexmaps.org. Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- "Decennial Census of Population and Housing by Decades". US Census Bureau.
- "P2 HISPANIC OR LATINO, AND NOT HISPANIC OR LATINO BY RACE - 2010: DEC Redistricting Data (PL 94-171) - Bellerose Terrace CDP, New York". United States Census Bureau.
- "P2 HISPANIC OR LATINO, AND NOT HISPANIC OR LATINO BY RACE - 2020: DEC Redistricting Data (PL 94-171) - Bellerose Terrace CDP, New York". United States Census Bureau.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- "2013 American Community Survey". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 6, 2015.