|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
Belleruche released a series of three limited 7" records on their own Hippoflex Recording Industries label before signing with Tru Thoughts, which sold out in British independent record stores and attracted a cult following in Europe, having been hand-distributed by the band at their gigs.
In 2007 Belleruche signed to Tru Thoughts and their debut album Turntable Soul Music was released in July of the same year, becoming the fastest-selling debut album in the label's history. They have played at venues as diverse as Montreux Jazz Festival, Glastonbury Festival, and many more.
In October 2008 The Express, the band's second album, was released. Their first single, "Anything You Want (Not That)", was awarded the Single Of The Week spot on iTunes. The Express has gained major daytime radio support, being played in rotation by Nemone on BBC 6Music radio.
The band's third album, 270 Stories, was released in October 2010. Three singles from this album have been released so far.
In spring and summer of 2011, Belleruche's 2008 track "Northern Girls" featured in Mercedes Benz' 125th anniversary television commercials for the United Kingdom. The advert features cars from the manufacturer's ranges over the lifetime of the company jostling and competing to be featured in the celebratory photo-shoot.
The band officially announced end of their formation in the October 2013.
- Turntable Soul Music (Tru Thoughts, 2007)
- The Express (Tru Thoughts, 2008)
- The Liberty EP (Tru Thoughts, 2010)
- 270 Stories (Tru Thoughts, 2010)
- Rollerchain (Tru Thoughts, 2012)
EPs and singles
- Reflection / Bird Mess (Hippoflex Recording Industries, 2005)
- The Itch/13:6:34 (Hippoflex Recording Industries, 2005)
- 4 Songs EP (Hippoflex Recording Industries, 2006)
- Anything You Want (Not that)/Don't Let Them Push You Around (Tru Thoughts, 2008)
- Northern Girls (Tru Thoughts, 2008)
- Clockwatching/Mirror In The Bathroom (Tru Thoughts, 2010)
- Fuzz Face (Tru Thoughts, 2010)
- Limelight / Longer Days, Longer Nights (Tru Thoughts, 2012)
- John Murph (September 24, 2010). "Song of The Day - Belleruche: Electronica Gets The Blues". NPR Music. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- Anthony Valadez (October 4, 2010). "Album Preview - Belleruche: 270 Stories". KCRW. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- MercedesBenzTV (February 11, 2011). "'125 Years' - TV Spot". YouTube. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- Official website
- Biography on the Tru Thoughts label website.
- Belleruche on Myspace
- BBC review of 270 Stories.
- Belleruche interview with MundoVibe.
- Belleruche on Soundcloud