Belleville High School-West
|Belleville Township High School-West|
4063 Frank Scott Parkway|
Belleville, Illinois 62223
|School type||Public Secondary|
|Motto||Maroon Way: Respectful Responsible and Kind|
|School district||Belleville Township District 201|
The Maroons, as West teams are known, compete in the Southwestern Conference The sports at West are divided into three separate seasons - held respectively during the Fall, Winter and Spring. Each season has its own individual and team sports which begin with a try-out session and an introductory night of activities and ends with an awards ceremony. A season lasts for approximately 3 months. The sports within a season are organized by teams, usually based on age and athletic ability, with the varsity designation as the highest level. Athletics at Belleville West are governed by the by-laws of the Illinois High School Association.
Fine and performing arts
Little Theatre is an organization that promotes theatrical events on the Belleville West campus. The group sponsors monthly informational meetings, social events, and a spring honors reception. The theater always puts on a total of five plays per year. These include a fall play, a children's play, a musical, and contest play in the second semester. There is an evening of one-acts every year as well for freshmen and sophomores.
The Belleville West Hy News has been reporting the news of Belleville Township High School and then Belleville West High School for over 80 years. This student publication is a co-curricular activity, produced by its 38-member staff, which includes freshmen through seniors.
- Jenny Bindon, professional soccer player, goalkeeper for New Zealand during the 2012 Olympics
- Brian Daubach, former MLB player (Florida Marlins, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, New York Mets)
- Lea DeLaria, actor, comedian, jazz musician and singer
- Jay Farrar, musician, member of Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt
- Bob Goalby, professional golfer, winner of the 1968 Masters Tournament
- Jay Haas, professional golfer, NCAA golf champion at Wake Forest University
- Brian Hill, professional football player, currently with the Atlanta Falcons
- Sandra Magnus, NASA astronaut
- Les Mueller, former MLB player (Detroit Tigers)
- Seth Rudolph, professional soccer player
- Jeff Tweedy, musician, member of Uncle Tupelo and Wilco
- Bud Zipfel, former MLB player (Washington Senators)
- "Belleville High School-West". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 30, 2017.