Bellevue East High School
|Bellevue East High School|
|1401 High School Drive
Bellevue, Nebraska 68005
|School type||High school|
|School district||Bellevue P.S.|
Purple, white, and silver
|Mascot||Charlie the Chieftain|
|Website||Bellevue East HS|
Bellevue East High School is a four-year public secondary school in Bellevue, a suburb south of Omaha, Nebraska, United States. It opened in 1962 as Bellevue High School and was renamed Bellevue East in 1977, following the opening of Bellevue West. It is part of the Bellevue Public School System, with approximately 1,100 students in grades 9 through 12. As of 2017, the principal was Jeffrey Wagner.
- Rik Bonness, professional football player, class of 1972
- Buddy Carlyle, Major League Baseball player, class of 1996
- Tyler Cloyd, Major League Baseball player
- Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, businesswoman and former U.S. Ambassador to Finland, class of 1968
- Jim Webb, United States Senator from Virginia
- "Bellevue East High School Staff Directory 2016-17". Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Kaufman, Kirby (May 23, 2013). "Bellevue High grad Rik Bonness guest at BPS Foundation breakfast". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Buddy Carlyle Statistics and History". Baseball Reference. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Bellevue's Tyler Cloyd Loses MLB Debut". WOWT. Associated Press. September 3, 2012. Archived from the original on June 2, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Tsyver, Robynn. "At UNO, former Virginia Sen. Webb sounds like a presidential candidate". Omaha World-Herald. 2015-05-07. Retrieved 2015-08-13.