Belli Park, Queensland
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||679 (2016 census)|
|• Density||8.362/km2 (21.658/sq mi)|
|Area||81.2 km2 (31.4 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||136 km (85 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
The locality takes its name from Belli Creek, which derives its name from the Kabi language word belai or billah referring to the she oak tree (Casuarina glauca)
Belli Park Provisional School opened on 20 anuary 1908. On 1 January 1909 it became Belli Park State School. It closed on 31 December 1963.
In the 2011 census, Belli Park recorded a population of 584 people, 50.9% female and 49.1% male.
The median age of the Belli Park population was 44 years, 7 years above the national median of 37.
74.6% of people living in Belli Park were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 7.4%, New Zealand 2.6%, Scotland 1%, Germany 0.9%, Netherlands 0.9%.
90.7% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1% German, 0.9% Gilbertese, 0.5% Polish, 0.5% Dutch.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Belli Park (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Belli Park – locality in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 48524)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- "Belli Community Hall". Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Belli Park Weather
- Community Profile: Belli Park - Cooloolabin - Gheerulla - Coolabine
- Old Photos from Belli Park.