Bellini (Italian band)
|Genres||Indie rock, math rock|
|Labels||Temporary Residence Limited, Radio is Down, Monitor Records|
|Associated acts||Girls Against Boys, Soulside, Don Caballero, Uzeda|
|Past members||Damon Che|
The band was formed after Damon Che's previous band Don Caballero went on hiatus. To start a new outfit he called upon the Italian guitarist Agostino Tilotta. They were joined by Tilotta's wife Giovanna Cacciola (vocals) while Che brought in Matthew Taylor on bass. The four-piece got together with Steve Albini who produced their debut album Snowing Sun, released in 2002. During the subsequent North American tour drummer Che left and was replaced by Alexis Fleisig. In 2005 the band released the album Snowing Stones, followed by The Precious Prize of Gravity in 2009. Both recorded with the assistance of Steve Albini. A new record is planned for sometime in 2015.
- Giovanna Cacciola - vocals
- Alexis Fleisig - drums
- Matthew Taylor - bass
- Agostino Tilotta - guitar
- Damon Che - drums (2001—2002)
- Snowing Sun, (Monitor Records, Palace Records, 2002)
- Small Stones, (Temporary Residence Limited, 2005)
- The Buffalo Song/Never Again 7" single (Radio is Down, 2004)
- The Precious Prize of Gravity, (Temporary Residence Limited, 2009)
- Haywood, Brad (October 13, 2002). "Bellini-Snowing Sun". Pitchfork.com.
- Lambert, Rachel (December 1, 2002). "December 1, 2002". vice.com.
- Listing for the Snowing Sun album on Discogs.com, (accessed March 6, 2015)
- Gaines, Austin (September 26, 2005). "Bellini: Small Stones". pitchfork.com.
- Listing for the Small Stones album on Discogs.com (accessed March 6, 2015).
- Listing for The Precious Prize of Gravity album on Discogs.com, (March 6, 2015).
- Ferrari, Margherita (February 10, 2015). "La canzone del mese: Giovanna Cacciola, "Not a Second Time"" [The Song of the Month: Giovanna Cacciola, "Not a Second Time"]. softrevolutionzine.org (in Italian).
- Listing for The Buffalo Song single on Discogs.com, (accessed March 6, 2015).