Bellows Falls station
The Bellows Falls station building.
|Location||54 Depot Street
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
|Line(s)||New England Central Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Green Mountain Railroad|
|Passengers (FY2015)||4,828 11.6%|
Bellows Falls is an Amtrak intercity train station in Bellows Falls, Vermont. The station also serves the headquarters of the Green Mountain Scenic Railroad, and provides tourist excursions to Chester Depot, Ludlow, Summit, and Rutland.
Greyhound, the national intercity bus service, also serves Bellows Falls from this station. Local bus service to and from the train station is also provided by the Current's Bellows Falls-Rutland Connector (route 57), linking to Ludlow's Okemo Mountain Resort.
The current station, which is known as the Boston and Maine (B&M) depot for one of the railroads that used it, was constructed in 1923 when its predecessor was extensively damaged in a 1922 fire. In the past the station served Boston and Maine Railroad, Central Vermont Railway and Rutland Railroad trains.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of Vermont" (PDF). Amtrak. December 2015.
- Bellows Falls, VT, Greyhound Lines. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Bellows Falls to Rutland, Connecticut River Transit. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Bellows Falls, VT (BLF)". Great American Stations. Amtrak.
- My Movie Business by John Irving, page121
- Media related to Bellows Falls (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Bellows Falls, VT
- Bellows Falls Station (BLF) Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- Bellows Falls Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide – Train Web)
|This Vermont train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|