Bellville Independent School District
|Bellville Independent School District|
ESC Region 6
|Type||Public Independent school district|
|Grades||EE through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||153.98 (2011-12) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.90 (2011-12)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball |
|District mascot||Brahmas |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Academically Acceptable|
Bellville Independent School District is a public school district based in Bellville, Texas (USA). In addition to Bellville, the district also serves the city of Industry as well as rural areas in northern Austin County.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $968,000,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.022 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In the 2012-2013 school year, the district had students in six schools.
- High schools
- Bellville High School (Bellville; Grades 9-12)
- Middle schools
- Bellville Junior High (Bellville; Grades 6-8)
- Elementary schools
- O'Bryant Intermediate (Bellville; Grades 4-5)
- O'Bryant Primary (Bellville; Grades EE-3)
- West End Elementary (Industry; Grades K-5)
- Alternative schools
- Spicer Alternative Education Center (Grades 5-12)
- Texas School Directory 2013-14 (PDF). Austin, Texas: Texas Education Agency. February 2014. p. 46. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bellville ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Bellville High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.