|Headquarters||Los Angeles, United States|
Bellwether Pictures is an American film production studio based in Los Angeles, United States. The company was founded by screenwriter, film director and producer Joss Whedon and his wife Kai Cole as co-founder / producer. Their purpose is to bring micro-budget films directly to an audience, bypassing "the classic studio structure".
In 2012, Bellwether released Much Ado About Nothing, for which Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions handled US theatrical distribution. The next production was Brin Hill's In Your Eyes. Written by Whedon, it became the studio's first endeavor in using a method of distribution for simultaneous release.
|Year||Title||Director||Co-production company(s)||Distributor(s)||Box office||Ref.|
|2012||Much Ado About Nothing||Whedon, JossJoss Whedon||N/A||Lionsgate / Roadside Attractions||$5,300,644|||
|2014||In Your Eyes||Brin Hill||Night & Day Pictures||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Cadenas, Kerensa (June 21, 2013). "Interview with Kai Cole - Producer of Much Ado About Nothing". indiewire.com. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Meet the 2014 Tribeca Filmmakers #39: Brin Hill Chased Snow for 'In Your Eyes,' Written By Joss Whedon". indiewire.com. April 16, 2014. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- Lipton, Brian Scott (August 3, 2012). "Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing to Premiere at Toronto Film Festival". theatermania.com. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Toronto 2012: Joss Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing' Goes to Lionsgate". indiewire.com. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Frevele, Jamie (October 31, 2011). "The Whedon Machine Rolls On: A Second Feature Is Announced For Bellwether Pictures". themarysue.com. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- de la Mauviniere, Remy (April 21, 2014). "Joss Whedon releasing In Your Eyes for digital download". cbc.ca. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Much Ado About Nothing (2013)". boxoffice.com.
- "FOREIGN TOTAL". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved December 18, 2013.