Shops in central Belmont
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Electoral ward||North Shore|
|Bayswater||(Waitematā Harbour)||Narrow Neck|
The population of the "Seacliffe" statistical area, which is substantially the same as Belmont, was 3,468 in the 2013 census, an increase of 171 from 2006. The suburb is in the North Shore ward, one of the thirteen administrative divisions of Auckland Council.
Takapuna Grammar School is a secondary (years 9–13) school with a roll of 1587. The school was built in 1926 and opened the following year. The adjacent Belmont Intermediate is an intermediate (years 7–8) school with a roll of 518.
All these schools are co-educational. Wilson School has a decile rating of 9, and the other schools have decile ratings of 10.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Seacliffe
- Education Counts: Takapuna Grammar School
- "Shore landmarks : [Takapuna Grammar School]". North Shore Times Advertiser. 1 November 2001. p. 128.
- Education Counts: Belmont Intermediate
- Education Counts: Belmont School
- "Steam tram to Belmont School". North Shore Times Advertiser. 11 April 1978. p. 30.
- "Education Review Report: Wilson School". Education Review Office. January 2008.[permanent dead link]
- Education Counts: Wilson School
- "Education Review Report: Wilson School". Education Review Office. May 2005.[permanent dead link]
- Takapuna Grammar School website
- Belmont Intermediate website
- Belmont School website
- Wilson School website
- Photographs of Belmont held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|