|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Aaron Paquette|
|• Total||1.26 km2 (0.49 sq mi)|
|Elevation||652 m (2,139 ft)|
|• Density||4,138.1/km2 (10,718/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||2%|
The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 137 Avenue, on the east by Victoria Trail, and on the west by 40 Street. To the south, the neighbourhood backs onto Kennedale Ravine.
While the earliest residences in the neighbourhood were built in 1912, according to the 2001 federal census, most residential development occurred during two distinct periods. The first period was the 1970s when almost two out of every three (63.5%) of all residences were constructed. The second period was the 1990s when another one in five (22.4%) were built.
The most common type of residence, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for just under half (44%) of all the residences in the neighbourhood. Duplexes account for another three out of every ten (28%) of all residences. The remaining residences are divided almost equally between row houses (15%) are rented apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Almost three out of every four residences (71%) are owner-occupied with one residence in four (29%) being rented.
There are two schools in the neighbourhood. Belmont Elementary School is operated by the Edmonton Public School System. St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Elementary Junior High School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Belmont had a population of 5,214 living in 2,055 dwellings, a 2% change from its 2009 population of 5,112. With a land area of 1.26 km2 (0.49 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,138.1 people/km2 in 2012.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- From the neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton Map Utility
- "Belmont - 2005 Municipal Census" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2005. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.