Belmont North, New South Wales
Newcastle, New South Wales
|Population||6,335 (2016 census)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 ( 5,500/sq mi)|
|Area||3 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Lake Macquarie|
Belmont North is a suburb of the City of Lake Macquarie in New South Wales, Australia, located 18 kilometres (11 mi) southwest of Newcastle's central business district on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie.
Belmont North has one primary school with around 250 pupils.
According to the 2016 census of Population, there were 6,335 people in Belmont North.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 3.9% of the population.
- 89.0% of people were born in Australia. The next most common country of birth was England at 1.9%. .
- 92.7% of people only spoke English at home.
- The most common responses for religion were No Religion 28.5%, Anglican 22.6%, Catholic 21.2% and Uniting Church 7.0%.
- History of Belmont North (Lake Macquarie City Library)
|This City of Lake Macquarie geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|