|Coordinates: 8°20′09″S 36°25′26″W / 8.33583°S 36.42388°W|
|• Total||647.7 km2 (250.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||608 m (1,995 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3:00 (BRT)|
Belo Jardim (Beautiful Garden) a Brazilian municipality in the state of Pernambuco. It has an estimated population in 2020 of 76,687 and a total area of 647.7 km². It is located at 608 meters above the sea level and 182 km away from the state capital, Recife.
The economy is based on agribusiness (poultry, guava-based products, other food), agriculture (beans, maize, sweet potatoes, banana, coffee, manioc, tomatoes, garlic, sugar cane), and automotive batteries. The city is the headquarters of Acumuladores Moura S.A. (Baterias Moura).
The city is served by Belo Jardim Airport.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Agreste of Pernambuco
- Boundaries - Brejo da Madre de Deus and Jataúba (N); São Bento do Una and Sanharó (S); Pesqueira (W); Tacaimbó (E)
- Area - 647.7 km2
- Elevation - 608 m
- Hydrography - Ipojuca River
- Vegetation - Subcaducifólia forest
- Climate - Semi-arid
- Annual average temperature - 22.5 c
- Main road - BR 232
- Distance to Recife - 182 km
The economy is based on agribusiness, agriculture, commerce and automotive batteries. The city is the headquarters of Acumuladores Moura S.A. (Baterias Moura or Auto-batteries Moura).
|Population||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- ^ IBGE 2020
- ^ "Population 2009 Belo Jardim" (PDF). IBGE. p. 32.
- ^ Belo Jardim 2007 GDP IBGE pag 29 Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ PE State site - City by city profile