This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||23 m (75 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Belonia is a town and Municipal Council in South Tripura district, Tripura, India. It is also the headquarters of South Tripura District. It is linked with Agartala (the state capital) by National Highway 8 via Udaipur and also via Rajnagar, Sonamura, Melaghar, and Bishramganj. Belonia lies on a border with Bangladesh.
Belonia is located at  It has an average elevation of 23 metres (75 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Belonia Municipal Council has a population of 19,996. Mrs. Subhra Mitra is the present Chairperson of Belonia Municipal Council. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Belonia has an average literacy rate of 95%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Belonia Vidyapith H/S School
- Brajendra Kishore Institution
- Aryya Colony H/S School
- S.B.C Nagar H/S School
- Barpathari H/S School
- Brindaban Royaja Para High School, Chittamara, Belonia
- Manurmukh High School
- Amjadnagar High School
- Belonia Govt. English Medium H.S. School
- Belonia Girls H.S. School
- Satmura S.B School
- Ganoyday S.B School
- South Mirzapur High School
- Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College
- ITI College
Places of interest
- Pilak-Pathar, 12th century Hindu-Buddhist archaeological site preserved by ASI, about 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) away)
- Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Yogmaya Temple, Kalibari
- Indo-Bangla Custom Checkpost
- Raj Rajeswari Temple, Muhuripur
- Muhurichar river island
- Muhuripur Fishery near Bamchara
Proposed railway station
A railway station is proposed to be constructed in Belonia (code: BLNIA) to serve the town. The station lies on the Agartala - Sabroom rail section, which comes under the Lumding railway division of the Northeast Frontier Railway. The segment from Agartala to Sabroom via Udaipur may become operational in 2020, with a proposed elevation of 39m.
Integrated Check Post (ICP)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Belonia
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "BLNIA/Belonia Railway Station Map/Atlas NFR/Northeast Frontier Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "First Commercial Broad Guage [sic] Freight Train Arrives In Tripura". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "TRIPURAINFO : The first news, views & information website of TRIPURA". 2016-03-21. Archived from the original on 2016-03-21. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Tripura. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 8, 2005. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Tripura is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|