|Directed by||Dominik Graf|
|Produced by||Uschi Reich|
|Written by||Dominik Graf|
|Music by||Sven Rossenbach|
Florian van Volxem
|Edited by||Claudia Wolscht|
Beloved Sisters (German: Die geliebten Schwestern) is a 2014 German biographical film written and directed by Dominik Graf. The film is based on the life of the German poet Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805) and upon his long relationships with two sisters, Caroline and Charlotte von Lengefeld. Schiller was ultimately married to Charlotte von Lengefeld.
The film was nominated for the Golden Bear Award at the 64th Berlin International Film Festival, and had its premiere at the festival. It was selected as the German entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards, but was not nominated.
- Henriette Confurius as Charlotte von Lengefeld
- Florian Stetter as Friedrich Schiller
- Hannah Herzsprung as Caroline von Beulwitz
- Claudia Messner as Madame Lengefeld
- Ronald Zehrfeld as Wolzogen
- Andreas Pietschmann as Friedrich von Beulwitz
- Maja Maranow as Frau von Stein
- Peter Schneider as Christian Gottfried Körner
- Anne Schäfer as Charlotte von Kalb
- Michael Wittenborn as Knebel
- Thomas Kornack as Kutscher in Weimar
- Christine Zart as Housekeeper Stein
- List of submissions to the 87th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of German submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Die geliebten Schwestern". berlinale. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "First Films for Competition and Berlinale Special". berlinale. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "OSCARS: Germany Selects Dominik Graf's 'Beloved Sisters' as Academy Award Entry". Variety. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Foundas, Scott (8 February 2014). "Berlin Film Review: 'Beloved Sisters'". Variety. An extended review in English.
|This article about a 2010s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a German film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|