Belpre Township, Washington County, Ohio
|Belpre Township, Washington County, Ohio|
The Sawyer-Curtis House in Little Hocking
Location of Belpre Township in Washington County
|• Total||24.1 sq mi (62.5 km2)|
|• Land||23.6 sq mi (61.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||177.3/sq mi (68.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087128|
Located in the southwestern part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Washington County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, Or a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 91. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.