Beltar Basaha Municipality
|Beltar Basaha Municipality
|Time zone||NST (UTC+5:45)|
Beltar Basaha is a Municipality in Udayapur District in the Sagarmatha Zone of south-eastern Nepal. This Municipality was established merging two Village Development Committee i.e. Beltar, Nepal and Basaha since 18 May 2014. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 8903 people living in 1743 individual households but now estimated 40,000 people as in 2015 are resident of the newly declared municipality. Rai is the major ethnic community with huge population while Khas, Magars, Sunuwar, Newar, Madeshi are ethnic minorities living in the town.
The town is hugely rural and connected mostly with gravel roads. most of the houses are wooden with sparely modern houses made of bricks and cement. The center of town is crowded densely with unplanned buildings and weak infrastructures as well as pollution due to vehicles, scattered wastage and dusty gravel roads has created critical problem in the town. Low water supply is the major problem in the town that has depressed people and their lifestyle as every household waste their productive time in collecting water from different sources for hours. Drinking water project has been pending till now. The town has been established as a trading hub since long ago. The hill people bring their agricultural products to sell in the town and buy clothes, equipment and other goods. The town is the third most populated municipality of Udayapur District after Gaighat and Katari. Agriculture and business is the major occupation while the service sector is blooming recently. The town has some of well-reputed high schools such as Sagarmatha higher secondary English school, Puma higher secondary school in education sector. few health centers and hospitals like Surudhiya (Beltar Hospital present) has been established in the town. The town was badly affected during 10 years of civil war which destroyed many infrastructures of town, but now most of the governmental office has been re-constructed. Reputed political leader DR.Narayan khadka has been elected several times as a representative of this town though the town has been waiting for his policies to be implemented in the town.
- Project for the formation of planned urbanisation
- Construction of black topped road connecting Beltar-Basaha with Kanchanpur of Saptari district, Beltar- Bahasa with hilly area and to Thoksila VDC.
- Implementation of drinking water project.
- Construction of black topped roads with proper drainage system within the city.
- Parks and touristic sites are to be built and advanced. lif 
- 72 new municipalities announced Archived June 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. My Republica
- Govt announces 72 new municipalities The Kathmandu Post
- "Nepal Census 2001". Nepal's Village Development Committees. Digital Himalaya. Archived from the original on 12 October 2008. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
|This Sagarmatha Zone location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|