Belur, West Bengal
Belur (Bengali: বেলুড়) is a neighbourhood of Howrah, located in Howrah district, West Bengal, India, on the west bank of the Hooghly River.It was formerly in Bally Municipality,. Thus, it was a part of the area covered by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. But after the merger of Bally Municipality with Howrah Municipal Corporation it is now under Howrah Municipal Corporation.
Belur is best known for Belur Math, a religious monastery, containing a complex of temples. Belur Math is famous for being the headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math, a monastic order, as well as that of the related Ramakrishna Mission, both founded by Swami Vivekananda.
- "Howrah Corporation Overview". Bally Municipality website. Archived from the original on 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2008-12-24.
- "Base Map of Kolkata Metropolitan area". Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- Bally battles merger blues telegraphindia.com/
- Merge Bally, Howrah civic bodies: Mamata Banerjee timesofindia.com | May 19, 2015
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|