Belvedere station (Edmonton)
|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Website||Belvedere LRT Station|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
The station is one of the original five stations, and opened on April 22, 1978. At that time, Belvedere was the north east terminus of the line.
Belvedere Station won two awards, the Masonry Contractors Association of Alberta Award of Excellence and the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, Alberta Steel Design Award in the Architectural Category for Most Effective and Innovative Use of Structural Steel.
The station has a 121-metre-long (397 ft) centre loading platform that can accommodate two five-car LRT trains at the same time, with one train on each side of the platform. The platform is just under 8 m (26 ft) wide, which is narrow by current Edmonton LRT design guidelines.
The LRT station and transit centre has a park and ride lot with 780 parking spaces.
Belvedere Station is decorated with stained glass pieces entitled "Travail in Tandem".
Around the station
Belvedere Transit Centre
|Platforms||12 bus bays|
|Website||Belvedere Transit Centre|
The Belvedere Transit Centre is located on the west side of the LRT station. It is connected to the station by a pedestrian overpass. It contains several amenities including Park & Ride, a drop off area, a large shelter, a pay phone and vending machines. There are no washrooms at this transit centre, but there are washrooms inside the LRT station.
The transit centre shelter is being upgraded as part of a city-wide $37.75 million transit centre improvement initiative, with construction starting on December 28, 2017 and is expected to be complete in fall 2018. $2.426 million in funding for the Belvedere Transit Centre renewal project was provided by the federal government.
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||180|
|Capilano Transit Centre||99|
|Clareview Transit Centre||10, 181, 186, 512|
|Coliseum Transit Centre||10, 99, 125, 512|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||180|
|Jasper Place Transit Centre||125|
|Kingsway/Royal Alex Transit Centre||125|
|Northgate Transit Centre||152, 153, 154, 186|
|Stadium Transit Centre||125, 512|
|Westmount Transit Centre||125|
The above list does not include LRT services from the adjacent LRT station.
School special routes that arrive/depart from Belvedere Transit Centre include routes: 620, 844 and 849.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2017 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. March 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "LRT Brochure" (PDF). November 15, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 4, 2007. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). p. 700. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Belvedere Transit Centre Map" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Belvedere Transit Centre". Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Belvedere LRT Station". Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- Simes, Jeremy (May 12, 2017). "Edmonton to begin replacing transit centres this summer". Metro News. Archived from the original on 13 March 2018. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Federal Government Infrastructure Investments in Alberta Examples". Government of Alberta. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Brochures in PDF". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "School Service: ETS Trip Planner". City of Edmonton. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
Media related to Belvedere LRT Station at Wikimedia Commons