Belvedere LRT Station
|Edmonton LRT station|
|Owned by||City of Edmonton|
|Website||Belvedere LRT Station|
|Electrified||600 V DC|
The station is one of the original five stations, and opened on April 22, 1978. At that time, Belvedere was the north east terminus of the line.
Belvedere Station won two awards, the Masonry Contractors Association of Alberta Award of Excellence and the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, Alberta Steel Design Award in the Architectural Category for Most Effective and Innovative Use of Structural Steel.
The station has a 121-metre-long (397 ft) centre loading platform that can accommodate two five-car LRT trains at the same time, with one train on each side of the platform. The platform is just under 8 m (26 ft) wide, which is narrow by current Edmonton LRT design guidelines.
The LRT station and transit centre has a park and ride lot with 780 parking spaces.
Belvedere Station is decorated with stained glass pieces entitled "Travail in Tandem".
Around the station
Belvedere Transit Centre
|Platforms||12 bus bays|
|Website||Belvedere Transit Centre|
The Belvedere Transit Centre is located on the west side of the LRT Station. It is connected to the station by a pedestrian overpass.
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Abbottsfield Transit Centre||180|
|Capilano Transit Centre||99|
|Clareview Transit Centre||10, 181, 186, 512|
|Coliseum Transit Centre||10|
|Eaux Claires Transit Centre||180|
|Northgate Transit Centre||152, 153, 154, 186|
|Jasper Place Transit Centre||125|
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 26, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2015 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. April 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "LRT Brochure" (PDF). November 15, 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 4, 2007. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). p. 700. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
Media related to Belvedere LRT Station at Wikimedia Commons