Belvidere Township, Boone County, Illinois
Location in Boone County
Boone County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.54 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.09 sq mi (93.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.45 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.23%|
|Elevation||814 ft (248 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||834.2/sq mi (322.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61008, 61011, 61016, 61065, 61107, 61111, 61114
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.54 square miles (94.6 km2), of which 36.09 square miles (93.5 km2) (or 98.77%) is land and 0.45 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.23%) is water.
- Belvidere (southeast three-quarters)
- Cherry Valley (west quarter)
- Loves Park (west edge)
- Poplar Grove (northeast quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Belvidere, Highland Garden of Memories, Orth and Saint James Catholic.
Airports and landing strips
- Belvidere Assembly Plant Heliport
- Belvidere Limited Airport
- Poplar Grove Airport
- Belvidere Landing Strp
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- North Boone Community Unit School District 200
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Belvidere Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.