Bemidji Regional Airport
Bemidji Regional Airport
|Owner||City of Bemidji / Beltrami County|
|Elevation AMSL||1,391 ft / 424 m|
Bemidji Regional Airport (IATA: BJI, ICAO: KBJI, FAA LID: BJI) is three miles northwest of Bemidji, in Beltrami County, Minnesota, United States. It is owned by the city of Bemidji and Beltrami County.
The airport is used for general aviation and is served by SkyWest Airlines, as Delta Connection for Delta Air Lines. In 2012, a major terminal rehabilitation project was completed, which expanded the terminal from 13,000 square feet to almost 29,000 square feet.
Airline flights (Wisconsin Central DC-3s) began in 1951–52.
Bemidji Regional Airport covers 1,740 acres (700 ha) at an elevation of 1,391 feet (424 m). It has two asphalt runways: 13/31 is 7,004 by 150 feet (2,135 x 46 m) and 7/25 is 5,700 by 150 feet (1,737 x 46 m). The airport does not have a control tower.
In 2015 the airport had 13,251 aircraft operations, average 36 per day: 59% general aviation, 23% airline, 13% air taxi and 5% military. In January 2017, 60 aircraft were based at this airport: 27 single-engine, 30 multi-engine and 3 helicopter.
Airlines and destinations
|Delta Connection||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|Bemidji Airlines||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|1||Minneapolis/St Paul||29,000||Delta Connection|
Bemidji Regional Airport is one of four locations for Sanford Health AirMed, a level 1 Trauma Center located in Fargo, N.D.
On September 18th 2020, the Bemidji Airport was the setting where President Donald J Trump learned about the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Trump was notified after a campaign rally while walking towards Air Force One of the passing while Elton Johns song Tiny Dancer was playing in the background.
- PDF. Federal Aviation Administration. effective Jan 5, 2017.
- Official airport website
- Global Aviation Navigator website
- Uren, Adam (April 15, 2020). "97 Minnesota airports receive federal bailout cash, here's how much they got". Retrieved June 14, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao Announces $10 Billion in Relief for America's Airports". April 14, 2020. Retrieved June 14, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bemidji Regional Airport
- AirCare Helicopter
- "Bemidji Regional Airport" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-05-07. (327 KB) at Minnesota DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of 19 May 1991 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BJI, effective March 25, 2021
- Resources for this airport: