Ben 10: Omniverse
|Ben 10: Omniverse|
|Created by||Man of Action|
|Theme music composer||Parry Gripp|
|Opening theme||"Ben 10"|
|Ending theme||"Ben 10" (Instrumental)|
|Composer(s)||Sebastian Evans II|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||80 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||August 1, 2012– November 14, 2014|
|Preceded by||Ben 10: Ultimate Alien|
|Followed by||Ben 10 (2016 TV series)|
Ben 10: Omniverse is an American animated television series and the fourth installment of the Ben 10 franchise, which aired on Cartoon Network from September 22, 2012 to November 14, 2014, in the United States. Man of Action Studios, consisting of Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, and Steven T. Seagle, created the franchise.
The series was announced at Cartoon Network's Upfront in 2011. Concept art, described as a homage to the original Ben 10 series, designed by Derrick J. Wyatt (Transformers: Animated and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated) was first unveiled at the 2012 UK Toy Fair.
The series premiered on September 22, 2012, with a "sneak peek episode" that aired on August 1, 2012. A "sneak peek" of the series aired after "Ben 10 Week" (March 19, 2012 – March 24, 2012).
The series follows the adventures of sixteen-year-old Ben Tennyson, wielder of the Omnitrix, an extremely powerful watch-like device that allows Ben to change into a multitude of various aliens; each with their own special abilities and skills. The storylines alternate between that of eleven-year-old Ben (one year after the original series) and sixteen-year-old Ben (a few months after Ben 10: Ultimate Alien). After Gwen leaves for college and Kevin leaves to be closer to her, sixteen-year-old Ben gets a new partner, a rookie by-the-book alien plumber named Rook Blonko (surname first). On a mission to explore a secret underground alien city named Undertown, Ben explores the quirkier side of things in the alien underground and discovers that enemies from his past are looking for a rematch.
|Story Arc||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||August 1, 2012||November 17, 2012||February 5, 2013 (1-8)|
July 9, 2013 (9-10)
|2||10||November 24, 2012||February 2, 2013||February 5, 2013 (12-13)|
July 9, 2013 (11, 14-17)
November 5, 2013 (18-20)
|3||10||February 9, 2013||April 6, 2013||July 9, 2013 (21-22, 28)|
November 5, 2013 (23-27, 29)
April 8, 2014 (30)
|4||10||October 5, 2013||December 7, 2013||November 5, 2013 (31)|
April 8, 2014 (34, 37-39)
|5||10||February 15, 2014||April 19, 2014||September 16, 2014(41, 42, 46-48)|
|6||10||October 6, 2014||October 17, 2014||N/A|
|7||10||October 20, 2014||October 31, 2014||N/A|
|8||10||November 3, 2014||November 14, 2014||N/A|
Principal voice actors
- Yuri Lowenthal – Ben Tennyson (16-years-old), Feedback, XLR8, Albedo (Human form), AmpFibian, Kickin Hawk, The Worst, Walkatrout, Molestache, Pesky Dust (1st Time), Hervé, Upgrade, Lt. Steel, Sumo Slammer, N-8, Alien Kid
- Bumper Robinson – Rook Blonko, Bloxx, Terraspin, Jury Rigg, Corvo, Ball Weevil, Doc Saturday, Punchinello, Crujo, Alan Albright, Parallelogram Vreedle
- Paul Eiding – Max Tennyson, Liam, Eye Guy, Blukic, Zed, Hoodlum, Ultimate Spidermonkey
- Dee Bradley Baker – Lodestar, Spidermonkey, Water Hazard, NRG, Clockwork, Chromastone, Nanomech, Swampfire, Big Chill, Crashhopper, Astrodactyl, Psyphon, Echo Echo, Wildvine, Caitliff, Hulex Colonel, Thirteen, Ultimate Echo Echo, the Worst, Wildmutt, Stinkfly, Acid Breath, Kraab, Slix Vigma
- Eric Bauza – Diamondhead, Eatle, Grey Matter, Upchuck, Driba, Dr. Psychobos, Fistrick, Megawhatt, Articguana, Way Big, Albedo (Galvan form), Bellicus (of Alien X), Pax, Solid Plugg, Ripjaws, Lackno, Mechaneer, Trombipulor, Computrons, Rook Da, Thunderpig, Commander Raff, Cast Iron, Poltroon, Ultimate Albedo, Buzzshock, Ultimate Articguana, Plumber Jerry, Cooper Daniels
- Corey Burton – Malware, Mr. Baumann, Brainstorm, Seebik, Fiskerton, V.V. Argost, Albedo Brainstorm, Kane North/Kangaroo Kommando
- John DiMaggio – Armodrillo, Zombozo, Bubble Helmet, Four Arms, Rath, Humungousaur, Octagon Vreedle, Vulkanus, Bullfrag, Will Harangue, Ultimate Humungousaur, Tentacle Vendor, Atomix, Whampire, Judge Domstol, Centur Squarr
- David Kaye – Khyber, Cannonbolt, Shocksquatch, Gravattack, Heatblast, Sunder, Frankenstrike, Mallice, Warlord Gar, Ultimate Gravattack, Thumbskull, Forever King Joseph Chadwick (2nd Time), Lord Transyl, Deefus Veeblepister, Unitaur, Slapstrike, Exo-Skull, Skurd
- Rob Paulsen – Magister Patelliday, Rhomboid Vreedle, Ditto, Captain Kork, Tummy Head, Gorvan, Phil, Gutrot
- Kevin Michael Richardson – Snare-oh, Blitzwolfer, Emperor Milleous, Cookmeister, Sir Morton, Plumber Dispatcher
- Tara Strong – Ben Tennyson (11-years-old), Pakmar, Mazuma, Natalie Alvarez, Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23, Y-It, Molly Gunther, Brown Bag, Princess Attea, Lucy Mann, Pesky Dust (2nd Time), Albedo (11-year-old Ben form), ML-E (1st Time), ML-E's Mother, Duffy, Swift, Diamondhead Gwen
- Charlie Adler – Professor Blarney T. Hokestar, Cow Alien, Chicken Alien, Collectimus, Proctor Servantis
- Carlos Alazraqui – Rad Dudesman, Scout, Pyxi
- Aziz Ansari – Billy Billions
- René Auberjonois – Azmuth, Azmuth of Dimension 23, Intellectuary
- Diedrich Bader – Simian
- Ogie Banks – Zak Saturday
- Jeff Bennett – Kundo
- Steven Jay Blum – Vilgax, Hobble, Zs'Skayr, Ghostfreak, Professor Helena Xagliv, Bill Gacks, Adwaita, Pa Vreedle, Thaddeus J. Collins
- Kimberly Brooks – Princess Looma, Serena (of Alien X), Madison, Rayona, Rook Bralla
- Bettina Bush – Kai Green
- Greg Cipes – Kevin Levin (12, 17 and 43 years old)
- Jeffrey Combs – Kuphulu
- Jim Cummings – Vexx, Hulex Colonel
- Tim Curry – Forever King Joseph Chadwick (1st Time)
- Diane Delano – Ma Vreedle
- Michael Dorn – Dr. Viktor
- Dave Fennoy – Tetrax Shard of Dimension 23
- Michael Goldstrom – Benevelon
- Jennifer Hale – Rojo, Suemongousaur
- Mark Hamill – Maltruant
- Jon Heder – Clyde Fife
- Ashley Johnson – Gwen Tennyson (11, 16 and 42 years old), Margie, Wildvine Gwen, Cannonbolt Gwen, XLR8 Gwen
- Tom Kenny – Bezel
- Phil LaMarr – Jonesy
- Juliet Landau – Helen Wheels, Magistrata
- Beth Littleford – Sandra Tennyson, Isosceles Right Triangle Vreedle
- Morgan Lofting – Fistina, Yetta
- Vanessa Marshall – Drew Saturday
- David McCallum – Paradox
- Edie McClurg – Vera Tennyson
- Christopher McDonald – Carl Nesmith/Captain Nemesis
- Scott Menville – Jimmy Jones, Chrono Spanner/Kenny Tennyson
- Kate Micucci – Luhley
- Miguel Nájera – Wes Green
- Judd Nelson – Ben 10,000, Eon
- Khary Payton – Manny Armstrong, Hex
- Vyvan Pham – Julie Yamamoto, Ship
- Charles Phoenix – Charles Zenith
- Tara Platt – Ester, ML-E (2nd Time), J-NE, Subdora, Jennifer Nocturne
- Alexander Polinsky – Argit
- Kevin Schon – OTTO
- Dwight Schultz – Dr. Animo
- Cree Summer – Frightwig
- Tia Texada – Elena Validus
- Alanna Ubach – Rook Shar, Rook Ben
- Kari Wahlgren – Charmcaster, Viktoria
- Wil Wheaton – Darkstar, Dante
- April Winchell – Queen Voratia Rumbletum
- Gwendoline Yeo – Nyancy Chan, Sheelane
- Susan Blu – Casting and Voice Director
- Sebastian Evans II – Composer
- Charlotte Fullerton – Story Editor
- Carlos Sanches – Re-Recording Mixer
- Matt Wayne – Story Editor
- Derrick J. Wyatt – Art Director and Lead Character Designer
- Matt Youngberg – Supervising Producer
A toy line manufactured by Bandai was originally shown off at Toy Fairs around the world. A possible unintentional leak of official images of the line was released on the website of department store Kmart. Figures that were revealed at Toy Fairs such as Bloxx, Shocksquatch, 16-year-old Ben Tennyson, an 11-year old version of Ben, and Ben's sidekick Rook were listed on the website. The vehicle play-set, "Rook's Truck", has won an award for Best Action Figures/Accessories at the 2012 London Toy Fair. The Omnitrix Touch has a gray color instead of the white it features in the show.
A video game of the same name is developed by Vicious Cycle Studios for the Wii U, Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and by 1st Playable Productions for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS. The action beat 'em up features 15 playable characters on DS and 3DS and 16 playable characters on the other systems. It also features a two-player co-op play. The game follows Ben and Rook in a battle to defeat a fierce villain, named Malware, who has evil plans of destroying the world.
Omniverse also spawned a second video game, which was developed by High Voltage Software for the Wii U, Wii, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 and by 1st Playable Productions for the Nintendo 3DS. This game takes place during the events of Frogs of War, where Ben must fight the Incursions to get back to Earth and stop Emperor Milleous, Attea, Dr. Psychobos, and the Way Bads.
- Steinberg, Brian (June 8, 2015). "Cartoon Network to Revive 'Ben 10'". Variety.
- Confirmation of 5th Ben 10 Series by Official Twitter Page of CN PR
- Sands, Rich (March 29, 2012). "Cartoon Network Nabs Nick Cannon, Adds More LEGO, Ben 10 and Batman". TV Guide. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Bynum, Aaron H. (March 25, 2011). "Cartoon Network Upfront 2011". Animation Insider. Archived from the original on May 13, 2013. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Zahed, Ramin (March 28, 2012). "Cartoon Networks Reveals Dynamic New 2012-13 Slate". Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- "Ben 10: Omniverse revealed at UK Toy Fair!". Riders, Rangers and Rambles. January 26, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Toy Fair 2012: Ben 10". Kidz Cool It. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Smith, Saralyn (February 1, 2012). "Live Action Ben 10 Movie Moving Along". Giant Freakin Robot. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Ben 10 'Omniverse' to Launch at Nuremburg". Global License. January 6, 2012. Archived from the original on September 8, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Dickson, Jeremy (May 3, 2012). "Bandai to launch new Ben 10 toy line". Kidscreen. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Toonbarn (March 5, 2012). "Ben 10: Omniverse and Destroy All Aliens hit Ben 10 Week". Toonbarn. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Coming Soon – Your first look at what's next from Cartoon Network". Cartoon Network.com. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Dwayne McDuffie Forums". Dwayne McDuffie.com. Archived from the original on April 25, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Would rather Diamondhead have his original deep voice or is UAF voice in Omniverse? Also, who voices him in Omniverse? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Paul Eiding only voiced Grandpa Max. How did you decide to make him do new roles in Omniverse (Liam, Blukic, Eye Guy)? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Will Humungousaur, Cannonbolt, Spidermonkey be voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in Omniverse, or will it be by someone else?". Formspring. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Who voices Water Hazard?". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "What made everyone decide to have a variety of voice actors voicing the Ben 10 aliens? (Dee Bradley Baker voicing every alien besides Rath was the dumbest idea in the universe..." Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Is Dee Baker annoyed for recast his roles from UAF ? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "I like Swampfire, Echo Echo and Bug Chill's new designs who are they voiced by I'm quite curious. Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/394566476402554099". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "Will Gray Matter return at Omniverse or not? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "who voice upchuck Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Who is your favorite Eric Bauza character role in Ben 10? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "who will Corey Burton voice Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Artist Peon, Who Are the Voices of Armodrillo, Gravattack, NRG, Terraspin znd Lodestar In Omniverse?". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Who will voice Jury Rigg, Eatle and Four Arms in Omniverse?". July 10, 2012. Archived from the original on February 21, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "What other aliens will David Kaye be voicing of aliens that we know of?". Formspring. Archived from the original on 2012-08-01.
- "Who Will Voice Heatblast in Omniverse?". July 10, 2012. Archived from the original on February 21, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "Who else will Mr. Richardson (Ben Mummy's voice actor; hope I got his name right) voice in Omniverse? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/430464608780698551". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- Derrick Wyatt and Beczam19 (April 3, 2012). "Is Tara Stong voicing 11 year old Ben and is Vyvan Pham voicing Julie". Formspring. Archived from the original on February 21, 2013. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Who voiced Zombozo and Pakmar ? Was that John DiMaggio and Eric Bauza ? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "I really like Azmuth's new design! Who's his designer and voice actor??? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/421752955973163760". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Blox". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Shocksquash". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Ben With Skateboard". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Ben". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Rook". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Best New Toys Awards announced". Key 4 Communations. January 25, 2012. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- Campton, Andrea (May 15, 2012). "Ben 10: Omniverse Announced For Wii U". Nintendo Gal. Archived from the original on January 30, 2013. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ben 10: Omniverse|