|Born||1964 (age 51–52)
|Notable works||Rivers of London
Remembrance of the Daleks
|Spouse||Marie Aaronovitch (née Fofana) (m. 1992)|
Ben Denis Aaronovitch (born 1964) is a British author best known for the best-selling Rivers of London series of novels.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Television
- 3 Audio Dramas
- 4 Novels
- 5 Comics
- 6 Short stories
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Aaronovitch is the son of the late economist Sam Aaronovitch, a senior member of the Communist Party of Great Britain, and the younger brother of actor Owen Aaronovitch and journalist David Aaronovitch. He attended Holloway School.
Doctor Who and TV work
He subsequently wrote or co-wrote three Doctor Who spin-off novels in the Virgin Publishing New Adventures range; he created the character Kadiatu Lethbridge-Stewart who became a semi-regular in the New Adventures. He has also written a novel and several short stories published by Big Finish Productions featuring the character of Bernice Summerfield, who was originally developed in the New Adventures. He also co-wrote a Doctor Who audio drama for Big Finish, and has written a number of Blake's 7 spin-off audio dramas.
Rivers of London
- "Results" (1990)
- Episode 69 (1990)
- Episode 70 (1990)
- Episode 80 (1990)
- Episode 81 (1990)
- Episode 95 (1990)
- Episode 119 (1996)
- Episode 120 (1996)
- Episode 131 (1996)
- Episode 132 (1996)
- Episode 148 (1996)
- "Stonegod" (2001)
- Rebel (2007)
- When Vila Met Gan (2008)
- Eye of the Machine (2008)
- Blood and Earth (2009)
- Earth Aid (with Andrew Cartmel; 2011)
Doctor Who novelisations
Virgin New Adventures (Doctor Who)
Rivers of London
- Rivers of London (known as Midnight Riot in the U.S.) (2011) ISBN 9781782761877
- Moon Over Soho (2011) ISBN 9780345524591
- Whispers Under Ground (2012) ISBN 9780345524614
- Broken Homes (2013) ISBN 9780575132467
- Foxglove Summer (2015) ISBN 9780756409661
- The Hanging Tree (25 August 2016) ISBN 9780756409678
Rivers of London - Body Work
- Body Work #1 - 16th July 2015
- Body Work #2 - 19th August 2015
- Body Work #3 - 16th September 2015
- Body Work #4 - 21st October 2015
- Body Work #5 - 20th November 2015
- Body Work (Collection/Graphic Novel) - 29th March 2016
Rivers of London - Night Witch
- Night Witch #1 - 16th March 2016
- Night Witch #2 - 13th April 2016
- Night Witch #3 - 18th May 2016
- Night Witch (Collection/Graphic Novel) - 1st November 2016
- Gone Fishing in Short Trips: Time Signature
- Walking Backwards for Christmas in Something Changed
- The Evacuation of Bernice Summerfield Considered as a Short Film by Terry Gilliam in Missing Adventures
Rivers of London series
- The Home Crowd Advantage in the 'London Edition' of Rivers of London and on his official website
- The Domestic in the special Waterstones edition of Whispers Under Ground
- The Cockpit in the special Waterstones edition of Broken Homes
- The Loneliness of the Long Distance Granny in the special Waterstones edition of Foxglove Summer
- England and Wales, Marriage Registration Index, 1837-2005
- Barker, Martin (1992). A Haunt of Fears: The Strange History of the British Horror Comics Campaign. Univ. Press of Mississippi. p. 20. ISBN 978-1-61703-747-4. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- John Grahl (8 June 1998). "Obituary: Sam Aaronovitch". The Independent. Archived from the original on 8 June 1998.
- The Old Camdenians Club. Retrieved 31 January 2015
- "Ben Aaronovitch". Zeno Agency. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Exclusive: Rivers Of London coming to television". Den of Geek.
- "Del Rey Buys Ben Aaronovitch’s RIVERS OF LONDON Series…". Zeno Literary Agency. 2010-03-01. Archived from the original on 14 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-08.
- "Release date from website of Publisher". Retrieved 2016-07-06.