Bailey at the premiere of "Bad Parents"
|Birth name||Benjamin Ray Bailey|
October 30, 1970 |
Bowling Green, Kentucky, U.S.
|Medium||Stand-up comedian, television personality/game show host|
|Genres||Observational comedy, Satire|
|Subject(s)||Everyday life, self-deprecation, marriage, pop culture|
|Notable works and roles||Host and executive producer of Cash Cab (NYC)|
Benjamin Ray "Ben" Bailey (born October 30, 1970 in Bowling Green, Kentucky) is an American comedian, licensed taxi cab driver, and Emmy Award winning former game show host and executive producer for Discovery Channel's Cash Cab in New York City.
Bailey was born in Bowling Green, Kentucky and raised in Chatham, New Jersey. He attended Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, before moving to Los Angeles in 1993. Standing at 6 feet 6 inches (198 cm), he was offered a job as a bouncer for The Comedy Store after bumming a cigarette from a man in the parking lot.
According to Bailey, he was telling stories with some comedians after hours at The Comedy Store when Skip E. Lowe, who was emceeing at the club, found his stories humorous and offered him an opportunity at stand-up.
He was the host of the American version of Cash Cab, a TV game show played in a taxicab that Bailey drives around New York City, broadcast on the Discovery Channel. He also recently made an appearance on the new Shovio.com's TalkBackTV. He narrates the Discovery Channel's series Smash Lab.
As of December 19, 2011, he is the host of Who's Still Standing? on NBC. On May 13, 2012, it was announced that the show would not be renewed for a second season due to high production costs. Bailey does television commercials for Michigan electric/natural gas company DTE Energy and ALDI.
As the host of Cash Cab, Ben received Daytime Emmy nominations in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 for "Outstanding Game Show Host", winning in 2010, 2011 and 2013  The show took home honors at the Daytime Emmy awards for Best Game Show in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Bailey twice won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host.
- 30 Rock (2010)
- After the Catch (2009)
- Aspen Comedy Arts Festival in 2002/2004
- Bad Meat as an FBI agent
- Brain Games (National Geographic)
- Comedy Central Presents
- Delivery Man (2013)
- Don't Shoot The Pharmacist
- The Haney Project: Ray Romano
- "Friends of the People" (2015)
- Hope & Faith
- Last Call with Carson Daly
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Premium Blend on Comedy Central
- Road Rage and Accidental Ornithology
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- They're Made Out of Meat
- Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn
- The World Stands Up
- The Knights of Prosperity
- The Today Show (April 2, 2008)
- Unforgettable S04E09 (January 2016)
- Cash Cab - host of U.S. version (2005-2012)
- Smash Lab - narrator (2nd season)
- Who's Still Standing? - host
- Kaufmann, Joanne (June 26, 2008). "He Drives This Game-Show Vehicle". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on May 17, 2009. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
- Coyle, Jack (2006-06-01). "'Cash Cab' Can Be a Lucrative Ride". Associated Press. MSNBC.
- "Daytime Emmys". Knoxville News Sentinel. 2007-03-14.
- Tolk, Prescott (2001-09-02). "Local Comic Keeps the Big City Laughing". The Hudson Reporter. Archived from the original on 2008-04-01.
- Ben Bailey biodata, nbc.com; accessed November 11, 2015.
- Ben Bailey crashes ALDI and gets shoppers to say what they love about it, adweek.com; accessed April 5, 2016.
- "Profile: Ben Bailey". Retrieved November 11, 2015.