|Date of birth||10 March 1988|
|Place of birth||Truro, England|
|Current club information|
|British league||Berwick Bandits|
|Polish league||WTS Wrocław|
|Craven Shield winner||2008|
Barker signed for Stoke Potters in December 2006 after impressing for the Stoke club's Conference League side, Stoke Spitfires. In October 2006, Barker finished in third place in the British Under-18 Championship behind winner Lewis Bridger and second placed Tai Woffinden. In April 2007, a month after his 19th birthday, he reached the final of the British Under-21 Championship, finishing fourth.
Barker has represented Great Britain at Under-21 level. He rode for Great Britain in the 2006 Team Speedway Junior World Championship. He also competed in the 2007 Individual Speedway Junior World Championship finishing seventh in Qualifying Round B at Goričan in Croatia on 12 May 2007, before going out of the competition on 17 June in Semi Final B at Daugavpils in Latvia where he finished 14th.
Barker returned to the Coventry Bees in the 2008 Elite League, after riding for the Coventry Cougars in the Conference Trophy during the 2004 season. In July 2008, he agreed a permanent move to Coventry Bees as a full asset, and returned to Coventry for the 2009 season. Ben splits his time with Birmingham with riding for the Ipswich Witches in the Premier League. 
- Individual U-21 World Championship
- Team U-21 World Championship (Under-21 Speedway World Cup)
- Bamford, Robert (2007-03-01). Tempus Speedway Yearbook 2007. NPI Media Group. ISBN 0-7524-4250-3.
- "Bens the boy for Stoke". British Speedway Promoters' Association. 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "Bridger's the boy". British Speedway Promoters' Association. 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "Kennett takes U21 crown". British Speedway Promoters' Association. 2007-04-29. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "Oakes names test match squad". British Speedway Promoters' Association. 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "Double delight for Coventry Bees". BBC Sport. 2008-12-24. Archived from the original on 26 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-05.