Casnocha in 2011
Benedict T. Casnocha
March 1, 1988
He is currently the co-founder and partner at the venture capital firm Village Global.
He is a keynote speaker at many business events and conventions. He has appeared on The Charlie Rose Show and is a commentator on NPR’s Marketplace and in Newsweek. He has also written for the American Enterprise Institute and the U.S. State Department. He has been a mentor at startup incubator Techstars.
In 2006, BusinessWeek named Casnocha one of America's best young entrepreneurs. Politics Online named him one of the "25 most influential people in the world of internet and politics."
In 2017, A member of Product Hunt 's founding team and a veteran from LinkedIn are teaming up to invest in companies at the early stage. For a new investment fund Erik Torenberg and Ben Casnocha are investing $50 million.
My Start-Up Life
My Start-Up Life: What a (Very) Young CEO Learned on his Journey Through Silicon Valley was published on May 25, 2007 by Jossey-Bass. It recounts Casnocha’s founding of an e-government technology firm, Comcate.
The Start-Up of You
The Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest In Yourself and Transform Your Career is Casnocha's second book. It is co-authored with Reid Hoffman, co-founder and Executive Chairman of professional social networking website LinkedIn and was released in the United States on February 14, 2012.
The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age is Casnocha's third book. It is co-authored with investor Chris Yeh and Reid Hoffman and was released in the United States on July 8, 2014.
- Swartz, Jon (17 January 2006). "Being a teen is hard work for this entrepreneur". USA Today. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Today's Teens, Today's Entrepreneurs". Dealbook NYT. 14 June 2007. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Cowles, Gregory. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". New York Times. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Oh, to Be 19 and an Entrepreneur". The New York Times. 17 June 2007. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- "Benedict T. Casnocha: Never too young to succeed". Jakarta Post. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Wasabi Ventures: Staff". Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Ben Casnocha and Erik Torenberg are raising a $50M investment fund". techcrunch. 6 April 2017. Retrieved 2 July 2020.