Casnocha in 2011
Casnocha is founder of Comcate, an e-government technology firm, and the author of three books, including the New York Times bestseller The Start-Up of You.
He is a keynote speaker at many business events and conventions. He has appeared on The Charlie Rose Show and is a commentator on NPR’s Marketplace and in Newsweek. He has also written for the American Enterprise Institute and the U.S. State Department. Casnocha is also an advisor to venture capital firm Wasabi Ventures and a mentor at startup incubator Techstars.
In 2006, BusinessWeek named Casnocha one of America's best young entrepreneurs. Politics Online named him one of the "25 most influential people in the world of internet and politics."
My Start-Up Life
My Start-Up Life: What a (Very) Young CEO Learned on his Journey Through Silicon Valley was published on May 25, 2007 by Jossey-Bass. It recounts Casnocha’s founding of an e-government technology firm, Comcate.
The Start-Up of You
The Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest In Yourself and Transform Your Career is Casnocha's second book. It is co-authored with Reid Hoffman, co-founder and Executive Chairman of professional social networking website LinkedIn and was released in the United States on February 14, 2012.
The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age is Casnocha's third book. It is co-authored with investor Chris Yeh and Reid Hoffman and was released in the United States on July 8, 2014.
- Swartz, Jon (17 January 2006). "Being a teen is hard work for this entrepreneur". USA Today. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Today's Teens, Today's Entrepreneurs". Dealbook NYT. 14 June 2007. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Cowles, Gregory. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". New York Times. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Benedict T. Casnocha: Never too young to succeed". Jakarta Post. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- "Wasabi Ventures: Staff". Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 25 January 2013.