Not to be confused with Ben Curry
|Born||15 July 1994|
Lowton, Greater Manchester, England
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||16 st 1 lb (102 kg)|
As of 19 May 2019
Currie played his junior rugby at Golborne Parkside before signing with Warrington Wolves. He made his début for Warrington in April 2012, aged 17, in a 46–12 win against Widnes Vikings. He scored his first senior try a month later against Salford City Reds.
In 2013, he played one game for Swinton Lions on a dual-registration deal, scoring two tries against Sheffield Eagles. He made two further appearances for Swinton in 2014, scoring a hat trick against Barrow Raiders.
In June 2015, Currie signed a new four-year contract with Warrington.
In September 2016, Currie suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, ruling him out for most of the 2017 season. Despite the injury, he was named in the 2016 Super League Dream Team for his performances during the season, and was rewarded with a new contract at Warrington, keeping him at the club until 2020.
He returned to action in July 2017, but suffered another injury to the same knee in his second game after returning to the side. He was able to recover before the end of the season, playing two games for Warrington in the 2017 Qualifiers.
In 2015 Currie was selected by Steve McNamara to represent England through his father, for their test series against New Zealand but did not make an appearance. In 2017, he was one of two uncapped players to be named in England's World Cup squad. He made his début for England in the opening game against Australia as a substitute after being named in the team as a late replacement for Alex Walmsley, who was ruled out due to illness.
- "Profile at rugby-league.com". rugby-league.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Profile at loverugbyleague.com". loverugbyleague.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Warrington Wolves' Ben Currie set to add more spice to Super League". Warrington Guardian. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Warrington roar back to the top after early scare against Widnes". The Guardian. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Hadfield, Dave (6 May 2012). "Brave Salford find Warrington too hot with Currie". Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Warrington Wolves' Ben Currie strikes twice on Swinton Lions début". Warrington Guardian. 17 February 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Swinton Lions 44-26 Barrow Raiders". The Rugby Football League. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Ben Currie: Warrington Wolves forward signs new contract". BBC Sport. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Ben Currie: Warrington Wolves forward suffers serious knee injury". BBC Sport. 21 September 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Warrington Wolves: Chris Hill and Ben Currie agree new contracts". BBC Sport. 9 November 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "MCNAMARA NAMES 24-MAN SQUAD FOR 2015 INTERNATIONAL SERIES". englandrl.co.uk. 2015-10-11. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "Ben Currie and Alex Walmsley named in England's Rugby League World Cup squad". Sky Sports. 9 October 2017. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Ben Currie in, Alex Walmsley out in Rugby League World Cup opener". Warrington Guardian. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 10 January 2018.