Ben Davies (footballer, born 1993)
Davies playing for Swansea City in 2013
|Full name||Benjamin Thomas Davies|
|Date of birth||24 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Neath, Wales|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Left back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:00, 15 May 2016 (UTC).
Davies was born in Neath and after spending time in the youth academy at Swansea City, he and his family moved to Viborg in Denmark after his father took up a job offer. They spent three years living in Denmark where Davies played for Viborg FF's youth team before returning to Swansea.
After spending time with the youth ranks and signing a new two-year contract with Swansea City of the Premier League, Davies made his first-team debut against West Ham United on 25 August 2012, coming on as an 84th minute substitute for Neil Taylor in a 3–0 home win.
Davies became a regular starter for Swansea in the 2012–13 season following a long-term injury to first choice left back Neil Taylor.
On 23 November 2012, Davies signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Swansea.
On 19 January 2013, Davies scored his first goal for Swansea against Stoke City in a 3–1 victory. In doing so, at 19 years and 270 days, he became Swansea's youngest ever scorer in the Premier League. In September 2013, he scored his second and third Premier League goals for Swansea, against West Brom and Arsenal respectively.
On 24 December 2013, Davies signed a one-year contract extension, keeping him at Swansea until June 2017.
On 23 July 2014, Davies joined Tottenham Hotspur on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee. He joined on the same day as his Swansea teammate Michel Vorm, Gylfi Sigurðsson being exchanged as part of the deal. Davies made his Premier League debut for Tottenham Hotspur as a late substitute in a 0–3 defeat to Liverpool. He made his first start for the club in the league in a 2–1 away win at Hull on the 23rd of November.
In September 2012 Davies was selected for the Wales national football team squad for 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification matches in September 2012. He replaced club teammate Neil Taylor, who had suffered a serious injury in a Premier League match against Sunderland. He made his full international debut in the 2–1 win against Scotland on 12 October 2012.
- As of match played 15 May 2016.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Swansea City||2012–13||Premier League||37||1||1||0||6||0||0||0||44||1|
|Tottenham Hotspur||2014–15||Premier League||14||0||2||0||4||0||9[a]||0||29||0|
- Appearances in UEFA Europa League
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 2 September 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Premier League Player Profile Ben Davies". Premier League. Barclays Premier League. 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Ben Davies Interview: Made in Wales, Nurtured by Denmark". Lost Boyos. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- "Defender Ben Davies signs new Swansea City contract". BBC Sport. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Williams, Aled (25 August 2012). "Swansea 3–0 West Ham". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Swansea City youngster Ben Davies happy to be thrown in deep end". Wales Online. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Ben Davies signs new Swansea City contract". BBC Sport. 23 November 2012.
- "Swansea 3–1 Stoke". BBC Sport. 19 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "West Brom 0–2 Swansea". BBC Sport. 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Swansea 1–2 Arsenal". BBC Sport. 28 September 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Swansea defender Ben Davies signs a contract extension until 2017". Sky Sports. 24 December 2013.
- "Deal for Swansea duo agreed". tottenhamhotspur.com. 23 July 2014.
- "Sigurdsson seals Swans return". Swansea City A.F.C. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "BBC Sport - Tottenham Hotspur 0-3 Liverpool". BBC Sport. 31 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Davies called up to Wales squad as replacement for crocked Taylor". Daily Mail. 3 September 2012.
- "Match Report: Wales v Scotland 12 October 2012". Football Association of Wales. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Ben Davies career statistics at Soccerbase
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Davies.|