|Born||April 17, 1964|
|Area(s)||Writer, Artist, Publisher|
Ninja High School
Warrior Nun Areala
|Awards||Inkpot Award (2016)|
Dunn was born in Taiwan, and grew up in Taiwan, Kentucky, and San Antonio, Texas, where he graduated from Central Catholic Marianist High School. It was in Taiwan that he was first exposed to Japanese manga.
In 1984 he co-founded Antarctic Press, an American comic book company specializing in manga-style (Amerimanga) titles. His most notable creations for Antarctic are the comic book series Ninja High School and Warrior Nun Areala.
In 2016, Art Greenhaw began creating, editing and writing faith-based visual novels and comic books, starting with the book series God's Silver Soldiers, also known as Silver Soldiers: The Comic and followed by Tales of Nazareth: The Boyhood of Jesus. The comic books, under the imprint of Truthmonger Comics Group Publishing, have achieved acclaim for their action-oriented innovation in illustrations by Dunn, as well as their storylines, and they have been covered in the media by TV channels, newspapers, and faith-based, nationally syndicated radio.
In 2019, Dunn created the Coalition of Independent Comic Publishers.
Dunn lives in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex with his wife and two children.
Comics work includes:
- 1986–2007 Ninja High School (Eternity Comics, Antarctic Press)
- 1987 Dynamo Joe (First Comics)—fill-in art
- 1987–1988 Swords of Texas (Eclipse Comics)
- 1989–1990 Mighty Tiny (Antarctic)
- Unknown Year "Tiger-X"
- 1990 - "Tiger-X: The Adventure Continues!" (Eternity Comics)
- 1989–1991 Captain Harlock (Eternity)
- 1994–2005 Warrior Nun Areala (Antarctic)
- 1997 Robotech (Antarctic)
- 2002 Marvel Mangaverse (Marvel Comics)
- 2003 The Agents (Image Comics)
- 2004 How to Draw Manga (Antarctic)
- 2004–2005 Heaven Sent (Antarctic)
- 2011 How to Draw Steampunk (Antarctic)
- 2017 God's Silver Soldiers (aka Silver Soldiers: The Comic) (Nordskog Publishing)—backup stories: Tales of Nazareth: The Boyhood of Jesus
- Inkpot Award
- Miller, John Jackson. "Comics Industry Birthdays", Comics Buyer's Guide, June 10, 2005. Accessed February 1, 2011. WebCitation archive
- Klaw, Rick. "Comic Book Heroes: San Antonio Brothers Keep Antarctic Press Thriving Long Enough For One of Its Creations to Land a Netflix Show", San Antonio Current (Feb 28, 2019).
- Stout, Nathan. "Interview with artist Ben Dunn", According to Whim (April 26, 2013).
- "A-Scanner-Darkly - Cast, Crew, Director and Awards". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-11-03. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
- "God's Silver Soldiers - Art Greenhaw, The Light Crust Doughboys - Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Tales of Nazareth: Boyhood of Jesus (feat. Art Greenhaw & Eli) by Truthmonger Comics Group". iTunes. 14 April 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Mesquite Grammy Winner Turns Comic Book Author". Cw33.com. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press Proposes a Comics Publisher Coalition - the CICP". Bleedingcool.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Antarctic Press Creator List". Antarctic-press.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Dunn, Ben (20 February 2019). "How to Draw Manga #26". Antarctic Press. Retrieved 20 February 2019 – via Amazon.
- "God's Silver Soldiers I Official Website". Godssilversoldiers.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.