|Born||Benjamin William Elliot
11 August 1975
Dorset, England, UK
|Occupation||Co-founder of quintessentially group|
|Spouse(s)||Mary-Clare Winwood (m. 2011)|
Sonia Annabel Shand
|Relatives||Steve Winwood (father-in-law)
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (aunt)
Tom Parker Bowles (cousin)
Elliot is the son of Simon Elliot, a Dorset landowner, and Sonia Annabel Shand, an interior designer and antiques dealer. He has two younger sisters, Alice and Catherine. His mother is the sister of Camilla Rosemary Shand and the late Mark Shand. His maternal grandfather was Major Bruce Shand and his paternal grandfather was Air Chief Marshal Sir William Elliot.
Elliot is the co-founder of Quintessentially Group, the luxury lifestyle group with a 24-hour global concierge service, which he started in London in December 2000. Elliot is also the chairman of the Quintessentially Foundation. Elliot was also the founder of Quintessentially Soho, a private members' club which raised money for the House of St Barnabas homelessness charity. Elliot acts as a Trustee for the Eranda Rothschild Foundation and has been on the Development Board of the Royal Albert Hall since 2015. In December 2016, he was appointed as a Trustee to the Board of the Victoria & Albert Museum by Prime Minister Theresa May. The four-year term officially commenced on 1 January 2017.
Elliot is a non-executive director of YouGov plc. He was the executive producer of the award-winning documentary Fire in Babylon. In 2012, he was involved in the fundraising for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee. He is a patron of Elephant Family, which his uncle Mark Shand co-founded and was chairman until his death. He is a regular contributor to the Financial Times, The New York Times, Country Life and Tatler amongst other publications. He has been a guest on Newsnight on a number of occasions.
Elliot married Mary-Clare Winwood, daughter of the musician Steve Winwood in Gloucestershire in 2011. His cousin Tom Parker Bowles was his best man. They have two sons, Arthur (born in August 2012) and Ike (born in December 2014) and live in West London.
- "My perfect weekend: Ben Elliot". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Marriage is a relaxed affair for Camilla's nephew Ben Elliot". The Daily Telegraph. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Air Chief Marshal Sir William Elliot". The Peerage. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "StartUp Summer: Ben Elliot". 18 August 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Board of Directors". Meet the Staff. Quintessentially. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Ben Elliot: Non-Executive". yougov.co.uk. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Revolver sets Fire in Babylon". cineuropa.org. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Our Team: Patrons". elephantfamily.org. Archived from the original on 8 March 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Ben Elliot". Financial Times. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Posts published by Ben Elliot". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "The 1000: London's most influential people 2014 – Newsmakers". London Evening Standard. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Ben Elliot". Daily mail. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Camilla overjoyed at the society wedding of her millionaire nephew Ben Elliot". Hello. 13 September 2011.
- Ben Elliot on Twitter
- Interview with Ben Elliot at the Gentleman's Journal
- The stylish world of Quintessentially founder Ben Elliot at the Telegraph