Ben Eltham is an Australian writer, journalist, researcher, creative producer and social commentator based in Melbourne.
He is Lecturer in Media and Communications at Monash University's School of Media, Film and Journalism and was a Fellow of the Centre for Policy Development and a Research Fellow at Deakin University’s Centre for Memory, Imagination and Invention. Eltham studied neuroscience and philosophy at the University of Queensland, and did a PhD at Western Sydney University on cultural policy. He has served as National Affairs Correspondent for New Matilda.
- Public policy of culture in Australia, particularly at federal level.
- When the Goal Posts Move: Patronage, power and resistance in Australian cultural policy 2013-2016 (Currency House, 2016).
- Popular media; journalist and essayist with New Matilda, contributor to Crikey, Guardian Australia, Overland, Meanjin and the Sydney Review of Books.
- Producer and festival director in Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Eltham, Ben (2013). "The Pacific solution". In Cox, Emma (ed.). Staging asylum : contemporary Australian plays about refugees. Strawberry Hills, NSW: Currency Press.
|Date||Review article||Work(s) reviewed|
|April 2013||"[Untitled review]". Australian Book Review. 350: 62. April 2013.||Scourfield, Stepen (2013). As the river runs. Crawley, WA: UWA Publishing.|