|Full name||Benjamin David Gill|
|Date of birth||4 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Harrow, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender/Midfielder|
|2006||→ Cambridge United (loan)||4||(0)|
|2010||Forest Green Rovers||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 August 2009.
Benjamin David "Ben" Gill (born 4 October 1987) is an English footballer. He plays either as a central midfielder or central defender.
Born in Harrow, Gill started his career as a youth player at Arsenal but was released in July 2005 and joined the Academy of Championship side Watford. Whilst still an Academy scholar he made his first team debut in a League Cup victory against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 20 September 2005, coming on as a substitute. He went on to make two further substitute appearances in the League Cup and FA Cup respectively, against Premier League sides Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers.
Watford were promoted to the Premiership at the end of 2005–06 season, and Gill was awarded a professional contract. In October 2006, he joined Conference side Cambridge United a month's loan, to cover injuries sustained by the Yellows. He was involved in 4 matches, starting 3 times. After his return, he was unable to break into the first-team. At the end of the season he was released, and subsequently signed a two-year contract with League One side Cheltenham Town on 15 May 2007. He played fifteen times for the club before being he was released early from his contract in January 2009. He signed for Crawley Town in February 2009, signing until the end of the 2009. Signed on non-contract terms for Weymouth in March 2009 until the end of the season. On July 2009 he signed with Interblock from Slovenia.
After only a few games for Forest Green Gill departed The New Lawn and spent a small amount of time at Rayners Lane before moving on to Isthmian Premier Division side Wealdstone in November 2010. After making 12 league appearances he left Wealdstone. He then spent time training with Lincoln City.
- Gill joins Cambridge on loan[permanent dead link]
- Soccerbase: Ben Gill
- Cambridge sign Gill in loan deal
- Gill number two set for Robins[permanent dead link]
- Ben Gill departs Archived 19 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "CRAWLEY DEAL FOR GILL". NonLeagueDaily.com. 11 February 2009. Archived from the original on 30 September 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2009.
- "Rovers gain international clearance for late Gill coup". Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Midfielder Gill departs Rovers". thisisgloucestershire. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "Former Northampton Town midfielder training with Kettering". Uxbridge Gazette. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2011.