Ben Hardy (actor)
Hardy in 2015
2 January 1991
|Education||Royal Central School of Speech and Drama|
Ben Hardy (born Ben Jones; 2 January 1991) is an English actor. He is known for playing Peter Beale in the BBC soap opera EastEnders (2013–2015). Hardy made his film debut as Archangel in the superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), and played Roger Taylor in the biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody (2018).
Hardy was born in Bournemouth, Dorset, and grew up in Sherborne. He attended Sherborne Abbey Primary School and the Gryphon School. As a student at Gryphon, Hardy starred as Sergeant Francis Troy in a school film adaptation of Far from the Madding Crowd.
In 2012, Hardy starred as Arthur Wellesley in the David Hare play The Judas Kiss, also featuring Rupert Everett. The production initially had a limited run at the Hampstead Theatre from September to October 2012 followed by a short tour to Bath, Richmond, Brighton and Cambridge before, after rave reviews, transferring to the West End's Duke of York's Theatre in January 2013. His role required him to perform full frontal nudity, which he later described as "incredibly nerve-racking."
On 19 April 2013, it was announced that Hardy would play Peter Beale in the long-running BBC soap opera EastEnders, taking over from Thomas Law who portrayed the character from 2006 until 2010. Hardy said: "I'm really excited to be joining the fantastic cast of EastEnders – a show which my family have watched for years. I can't wait to step into the shoes of a character with so much history and am looking forward to getting stuck in." He made his first appearance on 7 June 2013. On 19 November 2014, it was announced that Hardy would leave the series. He made his final appearance on 24 February 2015.
Hardy made his film debut in Bryan Singer's superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse, released on 27 May 2016, co-starring as the winged mutant Archangel. He was subsequently cast as writer John William Polidori in Haifaa Al-Mansour's period romance film Mary Shelley, opposite Elle Fanning and Douglas Booth. Hardy portrayed Granite Mountain Hotshots firefighter Wade Parker, who lost his life in the 2013 Yarnell Hill Fire, in Joseph Kosinski's action-drama Only the Brave. The film, co-starring Josh Brolin and Miles Teller, was released on 22 September 2017.
Hardy played Queen drummer Roger Taylor in the 2018 biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody, which earned him a nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards. 
|2016||X-Men: Apocalypse||Warren Worthington III / Archangel||Bryan Singer|
|2017||Mary Shelley||John William Polidori||Haifaa al-Mansour|
|Only the Brave||Wade Parker||Joseph Kosinski|
|2018||Bohemian Rhapsody||Roger Taylor||Bryan Singer|
|2019||6 Underground||"Four"||Michael Bay|
|2020||The Voyeurs||Seb||Michael Mohan||Post-production|
|2012||Call the Midwife||Reporter||Uncredited; 1 episode|
|2013−2015||EastEnders||Peter Beale||Series regular; 189 episodes|
|2017||Drunk History||King Arthur||1 episode|
|2018||The Woman in White||Walter Hartright||Miniseries; main role|
|2012||The Judas Kiss||Arthur Wellesley||Hampstead Theatre and Duke of York's Theatre|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Inside Soap Award||Best Newcomer||EastEnders||Shortlisted|||
|2014||TV Choice Award||Best Soap Actor||EastEnders||Longlisted|||
|2017||Kids' Choice Award||#Squad||X-Men: Apocalypse||Nominated|||
|2019||Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Bohemian Rhapsody||Nominated|||
- Manning, Matthew (24 April 2013). "Sherborne actor Ben Jones lands role in EastEnders". Blackmore Vale. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Mackay, Mairi (14 July 2009). "Teacher earns top marks for directorial debut". CNN.
- "The Judas Kiss to transfer to the West End". Hampstead Theatre. 12 October 2012.
- Gilbert, Ryan (12 October 2012). "Rupert Everett to Star as Oscar Wilde in The Judas Kiss at the West End's Duke of York Theatre". Broadway.com.
- Anderson, Alana (20 May 2016). "'I was so mortified': EastEnders star Ben Hardy opens up on full-frontal nudity scene". OK!.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (19 April 2013). "'EastEnders': Peter Beale recast, returning in summer". Digital Spy.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (19 November 2014). "EastEnders: Ben Hardy to leave Peter Beale role". Digital Spy.
- Kroll, Justin (24 February 2015). "Ben Hardy Joins the Cast of 'X-Men: Apocalypse'". Variety.
- Hewit, Chris (9 April 2015). "Exclusive: Bryan Singer Confirms Ben Hardy Is Angel In X-Men: Apocalypse". Empire.
- Jaafar, Ali (19 February 2016). "Ben Hardy Joins Haifaa Al-Mansour's 'The Storm In The Stars'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Busch, Anita (6 June 2016). "'X-Men: Apocalypse' Archangel Ben Hardy Joins 'Granite Mountain' Hotshot Crew". Deadline Hollywood.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (12 December 2018). "SAG Awards: Full List of Nominations". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (30 July 2018). "'Bohemian Rhapsody's Ben Hardy Joins Michael Bay's '6 Underground' At Netflix". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- Hipes, Patrick (1 October 2019). "'6 Underground' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Sums It Up – "This Is All So [Bleeping] Dangerous"". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
- Rigby, Sam (15 October 2013). "'Coronation Street' leads Inside Soap Awards 2013 shortlist". Digital Spy. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "TV Choice Awards 2014". EastEnders. BBC Online. 27 May 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Kids' Choice Awards 2017: The Complete List". E! News. 12 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Hardy.|