|Full name||Ben William Harmison|
9 January 1986 |
Ashington, Northumberland, England
|Height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|Relations||S.J. Harmison (brother)|
|Domestic team information|
|2011–15||Kent (squad no. 21)|
|First-class debut||31 May 2006 Durham v Oxford UCCE|
|List A debut||7 August 2005 Durham v Bangladesh A|
|Source: CricketArchive, 16 September 2015|
Ben William Harmison (born 9 January 1986) is an English cricketer who played first-class cricket for Durham and Kent. The former England Under-19 left-handed batsman scored a century on his first-class debut in 2006 while playing for Durham against Oxford UCCE. He finished the season with 563 runs at an average of 37.53 with 2 hundreds, though both hundreds came in games outside the County Championship. He hit his maiden Championship century, 101 against Warwickshire in 2007.
On 19 December 2011, Harmison signed for Kent after being released by Durham in September. He played for Kent until the end of the 2015 season before leaving the county in February 2016 after four seasons.
He also plays football, as a striker, joining the Ashington side managed by his older brother Steve at the end of the 2016 cricket season, although he had also played for Ashington during his cricket career.He scored on his full debut in September 2015 in the F.A. Vase win over Easington Colliery.
- "Harmison scores debut century". ECB. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Harmison scores first Championship century". Telegraph Media Group Ltd. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Harmison signs for Kent". BBC. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Ben Harrison leaves Kent, Kent County Cricket Club, 2016-02-25. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Ashington AFC Squad". Ashington AFC. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Ben Harmison: Kent release all-rounder". BBC. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Ben Harmison seeking good run for Ashington in FA Vase". News Post Leader. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
|This biographical article related to an English cricketer born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|