|No. 65, 63|
|Date of birth:||February 5, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Regina, Saskatchewan|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||316 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Sheldon-Williams Collegiate|
|CFL draft:||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Ben Heenan (born February 5, 1990) is a Canadian born former American football guard who played for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL) in 2015. He also played with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of Canadian Football League (CFL). Heenan played college football for the University of Saskatchewan, and was ranked as the second best player in the CFL’s Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2012 CFL Draft, and first by players in Canadian Interuniversity Sport, at the end of the 2011 CIS season.
Heenan was selected first overall in the 2012 CFL Draft by the Saskatchewan Roughriders of Canadian Football League. Heenan spent three years as a member of the Roughriders, including in 2013 when he won his first Grey Cup championship as a member of the 101st Grey Cup-winning team. As a pending free agent, he was released on February 2, 2015 so that he could pursue National Football League opportunities.
On February 3, 2015, Heenan signed a 3-year, $1.575 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts. He joined Henoc Muamba as the second player signed by the Colts to have been selected first overall in the CFL Draft. Heenan was released in August after tearing his meniscus. On November 3, the Colts signed Heenan to their practice squad. Heenan announced his retirement from football on April 7, 2016.
- CFL Scouting Bureau - April 2012 Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Carpenter, Dallas (May 3, 2012). "Roughriders select Ben Heenan first overall in CFL Draft". The Huskie Outsider. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Heenan released by Riders as he looks south". cfl.ca. February 2, 2015. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts agree to terms with G-Ben Heenan". colts.com. February 3, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- Schultheis, Luke (February 6, 2015). "Details of Colts Duron Carter and Ben Heenan's Contracts Released". horseshoeheroes.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "Former Riders OL Heenan signs with Colts". TSN.ca. February 3, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make practice squad moves". blogs.colts.com. November 3, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- http://www.tsn.ca/former-roughrider-ol-heenan-retires-1.466639. Missing or empty