Benjamin Jacques-Maynes in 2009 Tour of California
September 22, 1978 |
Berkeley, California, United States of America
|Current team||Jamis–Hagens Berman|
|Infobox last updated on
September 8, 2013
Benjamin Jacques-Maynes (born September 22, 1978) is an American road bicycle racing cyclist from Watsonville, California. He currently rides for the Jamis–Hagens Berman team. His identical twin brother, Andy Jacques-Maynes, is also an accomplished cyclist and was also part of the Bissell team in 2011.
In the 2009 Nevada City Classic (California, U.S.), Jacques-Maynes took second, from a three-man break that included race-winner Lance Armstrong and Levi Leipheimer. Before an estimated 20,000 fans, the trio was able to lap the field on the very difficult short course.
In the spring of 2010, in what VeloNews calls "the first major pro road race of the U.S. season", Jacques-Maynes won the Merco Credit Union Classic, a three-stage event in California. His Bissell team won the team time trial, and he won the Merced Foothills Road Race.
In the opening "Stage 2" of the weather-affected 2011 Tour of California, Jacques-Maynes played a prominent role in a four-man early breakaway that held off the peloton for approximately 50 miles. Jacques-Maynes was the last of the four to be caught on this opening stage from Nevada City to Sacramento, just as he was entering downtown Sacramento for the finishing laps.
As of the start of the 2011 edition, Jacques-Maynes had entered every edition of the Amgen Tour of California (AToC) since its inception. In the 2007 AToC, he placed third in the prologue time trial.
- 1st, Nature Valley Grand Prix
- 3rd, Prologue ITT, Tour of California (UCI 2.HC)
- 1st, Cascade Cycling Classic – road race
- 1st, Mt. Hood Cycling Classic – road race
- 1st, Sequoia Cycling Classic – Exeter TT
- 2008 – Bissell Pro Cycling Team
- 1st, Sequoia Cycling Classic – Yokohl Ranch Exeter TT
- 1st, Prologue Mt Hood Classic
- 2009 – Bissell Pro Cycling Team
- 1st, Copperopolis Road Race
- 7th, Overall, Tour de San Luis
- 2nd, Nevada City Classic (California) – circuit race
- 2010 – Bissell Pro Cycling Team
- 1st, Merced Credit Union Cycling Classic (California) – stage race
- 1st Mountains classification Tour of Utah
- 7th, Bucks County Classic
- 9th Overall, Tour of Elk Grove
- 1st, Mountains classification, 2014 USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- 4th Overall, Cascade Cycling Classic
- Holcombe, Brian (October 13, 2011). "Andy Jacques-Maynes leaves with Team Bissell downsize". VeloNews (Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Armstrong wins Nevada City in solo break", Velonews.com (June 21, 2009). Retrieved 03-24-2010
- "Jacques-Maynes masters Merced", VeloNews.com (March 8, 2010). Retrieved 03-26-2010
- Julie Lag. Santa Cruz Sentinel: "Corralitos's Andy Jacques-Maynes looks for his opportunity in this year's Amgen". Retrieved 5-18-2010
- Malach, Pat (24 August 2014). "Howes wins USA Pro Challenge stage in Denver". cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Smith, Dvorak win Cascade overall titles". cyclingnews.com. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 4 December 2015.