||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||July 4, 1983|
|Origin||Teaneck, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Genres||Emo, Pop Punk|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, guitarist|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar, drums|
|Labels||Equal Vision Records, Sire Records|
|Associated acts||Armor for Sleep, God Loves A Challenge, Random Task|
Early life and education
Jorgensen grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey, and is of German, Danish, and Japanese descent. Jorgensen attended the Jewish day school, Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County, and the Solomon Schechter of Essex and Union, where he graduated in 2001.
Early in his musical career Jorgensen was the drummer for punk band Random Task. Jorgensen formed Armor for Sleep in 2001, writing the first songs during the summer after his first year in college, which were recorded as a demo CD for $100 at a local recording studio, with Jorgensen playing all the instruments himself. These songs were later re-recorded for Armor For Sleep's debut album, Dream to Make Believe, released in 2003 on Equal Vision Records.
Armor For Sleep disbanded in 2009, and Jorgensen started an electronic project with Sierra Shardae, named God Loves a Challenge, which only released an unnamed EP of various tracks. Jorgensen recorded his debut solo EP, titled There Is Nowhere Left to Go, at Treehouse Studios in Jersey City, and was released on October 5, 2010 via digital download.
- Dream to Make Believe (2003)
- What to Do When You Are Dead (2005)
- Smile For Them (2007)
- The Way Out Is Broken EP (2008)
- Various tracks (2009) Self-released
- There Is Nowhere Left To Go EP (October 5, 2010) Self-released
Armor for Sleep
|2003||"Dream to Make Believe"||Dream to Make Believe|
|2005||"Car Underwater"||What to Do When You Are Dead|
|"The Truth About Heaven"|
|2006||"Remember to Feel Real"|
|2007||"Williamsburg"||Smile for Them|
|2008||"Hold the Door"|
- Knopper, Steve. "COOL@NIGHT; CONCEPT CD: Awaking the spirit in life or death; Armor for Sleep ponders afterlife with no apologies", Newsday, March 16, 2006. "It's hard to imagine a more morbid form of writer's block than this: I was kind of stuck in that place where the only thing I could write about was through the perspective of me being dead, says Ben Jorgensen, singer, guitarist and lyricist for the Teaneck, N.J.,...",
- New jersey Jewish Standard: "More powerful than a locomotive... Steel Train remembers Jersey roots on path to fame" by William A. Jacobson November 26, 2010
- Chen, Joyce (January 30, 2012). "Katrina Bowden gets engaged to rocker Ben Jorgensen the night before the SAG Awards 2012". New York Daily News.
- Nessif, Bruna (May 19, 2013). "30 Rock's Katrina Bowden and Musician Ben Jorgensen Are Married!". E! Online.