Ben Ketai is an American film director, writer, and producer. He directed and wrote the following Ghost House Pictures productions: 30 Days of Night: Dark Days and the webseries 30 Days of Night: Dust to Dust.
In 2010, the SyFy Channel released The Resistance, executive produced by Ketai, Scott Bayless, and Scott Rogers and directed by Adrian Picardi. It started as a low budget web series in the form of 4 short online teasers on YouTube. Before filming the actual web show, the series was picked up by Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures and Starz Media, after executives at Ghost House viewed "The Resistance" teasers online. The web show aired on October 4, 2010, on the SyFy channel as a one-hour television pilot. It was also released in its original 8 episodic form on iTunes, Xbox Live, and the PlayStation Network. "The Resistance" was produced by Aaron Lam, Eric Ro, and Associate Producer Don Le. The pilot made history, as it's the first time a series created originally for the web was premiered on television.
Ketai wrote the script of the real-life project Johnny Frank Garrett's Last Word, based on the life of Johnny Frank Garrett. In the same year, he wrote the script to the upcoming sequel to The Strangers, which will be directed by Marcel Langenegger. The Strangers 2 is set to release in December 2016.
- 30 Days of Night: Dark Days To Be a "War" Movie Archived March 9, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hollywood Reporter Article - "The Resistance"
- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/17/AR2010091706351.html?wprss=rss_print/style Washington Post Article - "The Resistance"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-23. Yahoo News Article - "The Resistance"
- http://news.tubefilter.tv/2010/09/17/the-resistance-debuts-on-syfy-first-internet-second/ - "The Resistance" makes history
- First Poster For The Last Word
- ‘The Strangers 2′ Finally Happening?!
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|