Real estate agent
Ben Kinney is an entrepreneur, professional speaker, author, real estate agent, and owner of multiple real estate franchises with Keller Williams that started in Bellingham, Washington and now operates across the USA, Canada, and the U.K .
He is listed in The Wall Street Journal and REAL Trends' top 1,000 agents for 2011-2018. He was the top ranked agent in Washington state in transactional volume for the years 2012-2018.
Kinney is the founder of Ben Kinney Companies commonly referred to as "BKCO" which owns and operates the sales divisions, brokerages, training companies, and the technology firms including NVNTD, Blueroof360, Activerain, Automabots, Brivity, and Blossor.
In 2013, NVNTD purchased Big Fresh Media and Tech Help. In 2015 BKCO purchased KWKLY and Activerain from the Zillow Group. In 2017 BKCO acquired the Salt Lake City technology company Blueroof360 and in August, 2017 they also acquired the San Diego based AI company, Automabots
Kinney was born in Everett, WA on July 24th, 1978. He was the second born child to Louise Stine and Michael Kinney. He was raised in a small cabin without indoor plumbing or power in Oso, Washington between Bellingham, Washington and Seattle, Washington with his father, Mike Kinney who was a fly fishing guide. He worked as a cable television installer while attending college. He later became a cable salesman.
Kinney became a full-time real estate agent in 2004. Kinney later developed the curriculum for an online real estate designation course named IMSD - Internet Marketing Specialist Designation. He sold the curriculum to MarketLeader a publicly traded company acquired by Trulia, but continued to teach classes through the brands Ben Kinney Training, Re8Expo, and Raincamp.
On June 19, 2015, Zillow Group Announced the Sale of ActiveRain and KWKLY to the Ben Kinney Companies. 
Kinney co-authored Soci@l, an ebook published by Rellek Publishing Partners, with Jay Papasan. Soci@l won a bronze award at the 2011 National Association of Real Estate Editors competition.
- Lawrence Cole (October 28, 2013). "Award-winning Realtor uses social media and technology to drive sales". Washington Times Communities. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Lauren Beale (Jun 16, 2011). "More real estate agents turning to social media". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "30 Under 30". Realtor Magazine. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- Melinda Fulmer. "4 smarter ways to sell your home online". MSN Real Estate. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- Evan Marczynski (Dec 17, 2012). "With new parent firm, Big Fresh Media expands into digital realm". Bellingham Business Journal. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "Business Pulse Magazine". Fall 2012. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "Building for the Future". RISMedia. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- Chris Smith (Dec 9, 2011). "Ben Kinney Shares His Secret Sauce: The Business Model Of The Future Is Already Here". inman News. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "REAL Trends 2011 Top Sales Professionals". REAL Trends The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on September 30, 2011. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "REAL Trends 2012 Top Sales Professionals". REAL Trends The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on June 27, 2012. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "REAL Trends 2013 Top Sales Professionals" (PDF). REAL Trends The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- "REAL Trends 2013 Top Sales Professionals". REAL Trends. Archived from the original on 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders: 2011" (PDF). inman News. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.
- Teke Wiggin (2014-06-19). "Brivity helps agents show clients what they've done to earn their commission". inMan News. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "In Blossor & Brivity, Ben Kinney Reinvents Home Selling in the Social Media Era". Seattle 24x7. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- Wiggin, Teke (2014-06-30). "'Zillow-killer' Blossor out to conquer natural language search". Inman News. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Announcing: 2014 Innovator Awards winners". Inman News. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Inman News writers win 5 awards". inman News. Retrieved Oct 16, 2013.