|Education||Bachelor in Finance and Accounting|
|Occupation||Software entrepreneur and investor|
|Founding Hypergiant, Conversable, Chaotic Moon Studios and Team Chaos|
Ben Lamm is an American serial software and tech entrepreneur and investor. He is the founder of Hypergiant, Conversable, Chaotic Moon Studios and Team Chaos. Based in Austin, Texas, he was named one of Adweek’s Top 10 Rising Tech Stars of 2017.
Education and career
Lamm completed his bachelor in Finance and Accounting in 2004. During his junior year, Lamm started the eLearning company Simply Interactive, which built digital training programs for major corporations. Simply Interactive became the 4th largest eLearning company in the U.S. Lamm left the company in 2010, going on to found numerous startups over the next decade including Chaotic Moon Studios, Team Chaos, Conversable, and Hypergiant Solutions. He is considered a well-known figure and thought leader in the startup community and has invested in numerous startup companies. He is also the executive advisor of The Dallas Entrepreneur Center, mentor and investor at Techstars and partner at Capital Factory. Lamm is a regular columnist for Entrepreneur, VentureBeat, and AdWeek. He is an executive producer of two films.
Chaotic Moon Studios
Ben Lamm co-founded Chaotic Moon Studios in March 2010 along with Whurley and Mike Erwin. It is an Austin, Texas-based creative technology studio focused on software, mobile development and design. Chaotic Moon produced apps for clients including News Corp, Microsoft, Pizza Hut, Fox, CBS Sports, Sanrio, Betty Crocker, Starbucks, Best Buy, Groupon and Discovery Channel. The company is also active in hardware, making biometric tattoos, taser drones, restaurant touchscreens and Freewheel, a fitness tracker for wheelchairs. In 2012, Hollywood talent agency William Morris Endeavor and equity partner Silver Lake Partners announced that they had invested in Chaotic Moon Studios. In July 2015, Chaotic Moon was acquired by Accenture, the leading consulting and technology services company.
Team Chaos is a Texas-based direct to consumer mobile gaming company, co-founded by Ben Lamm and Andrew Busey in 2013. The company created games including the interactive, collectible card game NBA Breakaway; the puzzle game Dragon Academy; and the collectible card game Elements: Broken Lands. In 2016, Team Chaos was acquired by San Francisco-based Zynga.
In 2016, Ben Lamm and Andrew Busey founded Conversable, an enterprise conversational intelligence platform for creating intuitive, on-demand, automated experiences on any messaging or voice channel including Facebook Messenger, Twitter, SMS, Amazon Echo and Google Home. The company represented innovations in conversational content, conversation commerce, and customer care for the digital age. Notable clients of the company include Viacom, Wingstop, Pizza Hut, Denny's, Marvel, and Whole Foods. In 2018, Conversable was acquired by LivePerson to augment their customer service and conversational commerce platform.
In 2018, Ben Lamm founded Hypergiant, which consults with Fortune 500 companies on artificial intelligence solutions, invents new AI tools and invests in AI-related startups. Mythic Ventures, Align Capital, Beringer Capital, and entrepreneur Tony Robbins all invested during the company's founding. Hypergiant customers include Wingstop, HarperCollins, Schlumberger, Bosch, and TGI Fridays. The company has partnerships with General Electric and Adobe.
|Advisory board member||AdWeek.com|
|Executive advisor||Dallas Entrepreneur Center|
|Executive board member||University of Texas Game Development Program|
|Mentor and investor||Techstars|
|Board member||The Waller Creek Conservancy|
|Forbes Dallas Business Council|
|Advisory Council Member||The Planetary Society|
|Feel Rich: Health Is the New Wealth||2017||Executive producer||Documentary|
|Sahasi Chori||2013||Associate producer||Short film|
Lamm is co-inventor of 4 US patents on social media, room-chat, multi-messaging, bot-messaging and customer service through chat.
- "Dallas Serial Entrepreneur Ben Lamm Launches Artificial Intelligence Startup - D Magazine". 20 February 2018.
- Adweek Staff, "10 Rising Tech Stars Who Are Fueling a New Wave of Digital Insights" Adweek, July 15, 2017.
- Ankeny, Jason (28 August 2012). "Big Claims Aim to Boost Business at Mobile App Startup".
- Lamm, Ben. "Ben Lamm". Entrepreneur.
- "Ben Lamm". VentureBeat.
- "Ben Lamm". www.adweek.com.
- "Ben Lamm". imdb.com. January 19, 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- David LaBar, "Accenture Acquires Chaotic Moon to Continue Growing its Digital Design and Innovation Capabilities" Accenture, July 22, 2015.
- Sarah Buhr, "Chaotic Moon Explores Biometric Tattoos For Medicine And The Military" TechCrunch, November 11, 2015.
- Susanna Kim, "Chaotic Moon Explores Biometric Tattoos For Medicine And The Military" ABC News, March 10, 2014.
- Zach Honig, "Pizza Hut's concept touch table lets you swipe your way to a perfect pie (video)" Engadget, March 3, 2014.
- Anthony Ha, "Chaotic Moon Is Building A Fitness Tracker For Wheelchairs" TechCrunch, August 13, 2015.
- Paul Bond, "WME Takes Stake in Mobile App Developer," The Hollywood Reporter, March 8, 2013.
- Sarah Buhr, "Chaotic Moon Sells To Accenture," TechCrunch, July 22, 2015.
- "Team Chaos Launches Interactive, Collectible Card Game NBA Breakaway".
- "Dragon Academy Launches Tomorrow For iOS, Android, Facebook". 25 September 2013.
- "Andrew Busey Led Team Chaos Release New iOS Collectible Card Game, Elements: Broken Lands". 9 April 2013.
- Melissa Repko, "Ben Lamm, Dallas newcomer and serial entrepreneur, sells video game company to Zynga" The Dallas Morning News, June 2, 2016.
- Khari Johnson, "Conversable launches service to help businesses build more intelligent bots" VentureBeat, March 2, 2017.
- "Conversable launches service to help businesses build more intelligent bots". 2 March 2017.
- "Conversable chatbot will offer allergy info along with a side of Wingstop wings – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com.
- "LivePerson acquires Conversable, a conversational AI company". Venture Beat. October 1, 2018.
- Melissa Repko, "After success building chatbot to order wings, Dallas' Ben Lamm wants to help other companies win at AI" The Dallas Morning News, February 20, 2018.
- Lydia Belanger, "Life Coaching Guru Tony Robbins Tells Us Why He's Investing in an AI Company" Entrepreneur, February 20, 2018.
- Eric David, "Hypergiant emerges from stealth in bid to become ‘the Fortune 500’s AI outfitter’" Silicon Angle, February 20, 2018.
- Khari Johnson, "Hypergiant launches AI product incubator and seed stage fund" VentureBeat, February 20, 2018.
- Tim Carmody, "Hypergiant Aims to Be Artificial Intelligence Concierge to Fortune 500" Adweek, February 20, 2018.
- Innovates, Dallas (16 January 2018). "CEO Insider: A Chat With Ben Lamm On Driving Success » Dallas Innovates".
- Innovates, Dallas (7 June 2016). "Conversable's Bots Put Wingstop's Wings One Message Away » Dallas Innovates".
- "Google Patents". patents.google.com.
- Ben Lamm (25 September 2017). "AI solutions are only as effective as their KPIs". VentureBeat. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Lamm, Ben (10 March 2014). "Will Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs Learn With Virtual Reality?". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Lamm, Ben (3 January 2018). "Why You Should Put the 'Cult' Back in Culture". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 28 May 2018.