Lammers (#44) in 2016
|No. 44 – RETAbet Bilbao Basket|
|Born||November 12, 1995|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||227 lb (103 kg)|
|High school||Alamo Heights (San Antonio, Texas)|
|College||Georgia Tech (2014–2018)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Lammers came to Georgia Tech from Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio, Texas, earning All-State honors in each of his last three seasons. He chose the Yellow Jackets over Texas A&M, Miami, Marquette and Stanford. Lammers chose Georgia Tech in part for its excellence in mechanical engineering. On the court, Lammers' basketball career started slowly. He was a reserve for his first two college seasons. But as a junior, under new Georgia Tech coach Josh Pastner, he became one of the most improved players of the 2016–17 season. After averaging 14.2 points, 9.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game, Lammers was named second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference and the ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2017. Lammers' improved play and stellar defense was a primary reason that the Yellow Jackets performed above preseason expectations, making it to the championship game of the 2017 National Invitation Tournament.
- Griffin, Tim (January 25, 2017). "Mild-mannered Georgia Tech star blossoms into 'The Laminator'". San Antonio Express-News. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Sugiura, Ken (March 3, 2017). "Ben Lammers' remarkable balancing act of books, basketball". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Chiusano, Anthony (February 10, 2017). "College basketball: Six of the most improved players in 2017". NCAA.com. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Pastner, Lammers, Okogie Capture ACC Honors". Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. March 5, 2017. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Winn, Luke (April 21, 2017). "The 2017 Effy Awards, Part III: Celebrating the best defensive players and teams". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Sugiura, Ken (July 5, 2018). "Ben Lammers cut by Hornets prior to summer league". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- "Web Oficial del Bilbao Basket". www.bilbaobasket.biz (in Spanish). 22 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Lammers.|