Ben Laughlin (cricketer)
|Full name||Ben Laughlin|
3 October 1982 |
Box Hill, Victoria, Australia
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Relations||T Laughlin (father)|
|ODI debut (cap 173)||3 April 2009 v South Africa|
|Last ODI||3 May 2009 v Pakistan|
|T20I debut (cap 37)||29 March 2009 v South Africa|
|Last T20I||28 January 2013 v Sri Lanka|
|Domestic team information|
|2013||Chennai Super Kings|
Source: CricketArchive, 16 January 2017
Laughlin spent his 2003 winter in Scotland for club side Ferguslie. He then continued playing cricket in Scotland till 2006 after spending a stint with Clydesdale Cricket Club.
He recorded an exceptional bowling performance in a Ford Ranger Cup match for Queensland against New South Wales in October 2008. In only his second List A match, he claimed 6/23, the best List A bowling figures for Queensland in two decades and the third-best of all time.
In March 2009, Laughlin was called up to the Australia squads for a series of five One Day Internationals and two Twenty20 Internationals against South Africa. Laughlin and fellow fast bowler Brett Geeves were drafted into the squad to replace Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus, who were being rested as a precaution before the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 and The Ashes.
- "Queensland v Tasmania in 2008/09". CricketArchive. Retrieved 13 March 2009. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Most Wickets in an Innings for Queensland". CricketArchive. Retrieved 13 March 2009. (Subscription required (. ))
- Cricinfo staff (12 March 2009). "Australia give Siddle and Hilfenhaus a break". Cricinfo.com. Archived from the original on 15 March 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "List of players sold and unsold at IPL auction 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Trevor Laughlin player profile". Cricinfo.com. Archived from the original on 6 April 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2009.