29 May 1983 |
St Mary's Paddington, London
|Spouse(s)||Victoria Boreham (stage name Vicki Campbell)|
|Children||Ruby Mansfield (born January 2016)|
Mansfield portrayed Captain Becker in the ITV sci-fi drama Primeval, depicting the Captain of a special unit from the military which works with the ARC. Mansfield was spotted for the role when auditioning for the part of Arthur in the BBC Television series Merlin. Mansfield got down to the final two for the part, losing out to Bradley James. Merlin's casting director, who also worked as casting director for Primeval, suggested that he audition for Captain Becker and he subsequently joined the cast in its third season in 2009.
Mansfield landed a role in the third series of ITV's Endeavour, which aired 3 January 2016.
His theatrical credits include
- French Without Tears by Terence Rattigan (English Touring Theatre) Lead role: Alan Howard
- Jenufa by Timberlake Wertenbaker (Natural Perspective at the Arcola Theatre)
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (The New Shakespeare Company at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at the Rose Theatre)
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at The National Theatre)
- Henry IV Parts One and Two by William Shakespeare (playing Hotspur and Pistol)(directed by Peter Hall at The Theatre Royal, Bath.
- One Man, Two Guvnors at The Theatre Royal Haymarket, London
- Relative Values at Theatre Royal, Bath & Harold Pinter Theatre
- Great Britain at the Haymarket Theatre
Mansfield appeared in Noël Coward's Relative Values at The Theatre Royal, Bath, between 12 and 29 June 2013 as 'Don Lucas'. The production, directed by Sir Trevor Nunn toured from Bath to Bristol before transferring to the Harold Pinter Theatre for a limited season from 19 March to 21 June 2014.
In July 2016, it was announced that Mansfield will be playing the role of 'Larry' in Matty Crawley's 'The Boys In the Band'.
|2007||Hell Bent for Leather||Owen Oakshott||short|
|2008||Holby City||Adam Beaman||TV series (Series 10 episode 12 "For Your Consideration")|
|Primeval||Captain Becker||TV series (21 episodes: 2009-2011)|
|2015||Not Safe For Work||Alex||TV series (2 episodes: 2015)|
|2016||Father Brown||Doctor Tony Fairfax||TV Series (Series 4 Episode 6 "The Rod of Asclepius")|
|Endeavour||Bruce Belborough||TV series (Series 3 Episode 1 "Ride")|
- Wilkes, Neil (2008-07-30). "Meet the new boy on 'Primeval'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- Twitter Status
- Channel 4 Press Release: Cut
- Westend Frame: Sneak peek at new cast
- WhatsOnStage: 'Great Britain' Cast Changes
- Theatre Royal Bath
- Public Reviews - Relative Values
- http://britishtheatre.com/further-casting-announced-the-boys-in-the-band/ Further Casting Announced