|Origin||Farnborough, Kent, United Kingdom|
Ben Montague is a British musician, singer-songwriter and multi instrumentalist from Farnborough, Kent. Ben is perhaps best known for his single "Haunted" from the first full-length album Overcome. Ben's last album was Tales of Flying And Falling. His latest album "Back into Paradise" was launched in JUne 2015 through the MWM label. He is currently on a nationwide tour which culminates in the Dello bar in Dublin on 12 December 2015. Prior to that Ben will be supporting Simply Red in Brighton on the 28 and 29 November 2015.
Overcome & Early Successes
Ben's musical career began in earnest in 2010 when the singles from what would become his first album Overcome received high praise from UK Radio stations. "Can't hold Me Down" was added to the BBC Radio 2 playlist for 5 weeks and follow up "Haunted" later became their Record of the Week followed in June 2010 by "Broken" which similarly topped the Radio 2 A List for 6 weeks and was later selected to be the single recorded by the winner of Singapore Idol Season 3, Sezairi Sezali. The album Overcome commercially released via his management company in early 2011.The album, titled Tales of Flying And Falling was released in 2013 through Nusic and EMI Label Services – the full-length album was produced at Rockfield Studios by Dave Eringa, the producer behind records for Manic Street Preachers, Idlewild and Kylie Minogue.The first single from the album, "Love Like Stars", was released on 6 July 2012. Second single "Another Hard Fall" was released on 26 August 2012 and was added to the Radio 2 B List from 4 August 2012. After a period of reflection and being involved in the start up of a specialist guitar company The American Guitar Company Ben has recently produced his third album Back into Paradise in 2015 through MWM Limited.
June 2015 saw the release of third album "Back into Paradise" )with the support of producer Peter-John Vettese who co wrote "Runaway" ,engineering and mixing by Tuft Evans, guidance of John Giddins and key musicians,Jimmy Sims Bass,Mark Pusey drums,Robbie McIntosh lead guitar..current tour details below..
Ben's last single 'We Start Over' achieved BBC Radio 2's Record of the Week.
Ben was also asked to perform on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sara Cox.
Recently finished touring with Simply Red over this Summer
'Back into Paradise' Deluxe Album reached No.7 in the iTunes Singer Songwriter Charts.
In the past Ben has performed a raft of high-profile live appearances with the likes of The Lighthouse Family, playing as main support in Academy venues, alongside Stereophonics as a part of F1 Rocks, a music event run at the 2010 Italian Grand Prix in Milan; and later on The Code Tour 2012 with The Wanted and Lawson. The Code Tour 2012 saw Ben perform alongside Lawson and The Wanted. 2014 saw Ben support Shane Filan of Westlife.The dates for the 2015 Runaway Tour:- Date Venue Location Oct 17 Cheque Mead East Grinstead, United Kingdom Oct 22 The Vic Swindon, United Kingdom Oct 23 Glee Club Birmingham, United Kingdom Oct 24 The Louisiana Bristol, United Kingdom Oct 25 The Musician Leicester, United Kingdom Nov 28 Simply Red Big Love Tour Brighton, United Kingdom Nov 29 Simply Red Big Love Tour Brighton, United Kingdom Dec 12 Bello Bar Dublin, Ireland
Back into Paradise (2015) MWM Limited through Absolute.
- "Can't Hold Me Down" – (2009)
- "Haunted" – (2010) UK No. 97
- "Love Like Stars" – (2012)
- "Another Hard Fall" – (2012)
- "Deep End"/"Liberty Road" – (2012)
- "Sweet Amelia" – (2013)
- "The Truth" – (2013)
Back into Paradise (2015) Another Chance(2015) "We Start Over" (2016)
- "BBC Radio Bristol | The Afternoon Show 24 November 2010". BBC. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "On The Radar: Ben Montague". Music Week. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Chris Younie (23 August 2012). "News: Introducing Ben Montague". Archived from the original on 27 August 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Music Week | Montague joins the list at Radio Two". Intent Media. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Gomes, Charlotte. "New Music Video: Ben Montague – Love Like Stars". YourMusicRefill. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Ben's still Haunted by boob-flashing gig". The Sun Newspaper. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Radio 2 Playlist". BBC. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Stereophonics to headline F1 Rocks™ in Italy". Formula One World Championship Limited. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Daily Star | BEN MONTAGUE HELPS THE WANTED FIND A FRESH SOUND". Northern and Shell Media Publications. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Touring with the Wanted and Stereophonics". HuffPost Entertainment. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "NME Video – Ben Montague – The Code Tour 2012 with Lawson & The Wanted video". IPC MEDIA. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "One to watch: Ben Montague". Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- Hayes, Oliver. "Ones To Watch: Ben Montague Debuts His New Single 'Another Hard Fall'". Giant Digital. Archived from the original on 26 August 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2012.