January 10, 1984 |
Victoria, British Columbia
|Occupation||Executive Producer & Author|
Ben Nemtin (born January 10, 1984 in Victoria, British Columbia) is a Canadian television personality. He is the creator, executive producer and cast member of MTV series The Buried Life. Ben is co-author of the book What Do You Want To Do Before You Die?. The book became a #1 New York Times Best Seller shortly after its release in April 2012.
Nemtin grew up playing sports and continued with athleticism throughout high school. After graduating, he was selected as a member of the Canadian national rugby team, and also earned academic and athletic scholarships to attend the University of Victoria, where he attended as a science major who switched to major in business. He also had a brief appearance in the movie White Chicks cited as the Hamptons Hotel Guy. Ben resides in Los Angeles. Ben was in a relationship with Whitney Port for approximately one year. Port ended the relationship in 2011.
In 2010 and 2011, Nemtin, along with the cast of The Buried Life, earned a nomination for the Do Something TV Show Award from the VH1 Do Something Awards. The Buried Life received a nomination for its efforts to encourage people to pursue their life goals.
Nemtin was recorded by the Guinness World Records for the biggest roulette spin in Las Vegas history. He placed a bet of $250,000 on red and helped organize the biggest speed dating event in history with the University of South Florida.
- Saiidi, Uptin. "'Buried Life' Book Makes Best Seller List, #19 Crossed Off Bucket List". MTV.
- "Ben Nemtin". Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "What's on Oprah's Bucket List? Video".
- "'Buried Life' Stars Tell Oprah About Shooting Hoops With Barack Obama".
- Katz, Taylor. "USF, MTV, Guiness (sic) World Records, Verizon Wireless and speed dating?". WTSP.
- "Cast of MTV's The Buried Life Helps Raise $300,000 for Keep America Beautiful". http://www.usmagazine.com. External link in