|No. 56 – Kansas City Chiefs|
|Born:||July 27, 1995|
Des Moines, Iowa
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 16, 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Niemann played four seasons for the Iowa Hawkeyes, making 53 appearances and starting the last 40 games of his career. Over the course of his career, Niemann accumulated 201 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, two interceptions, and two forced fumbles.
Niemann signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent and made the final 53-man roster out of training camp. He made his NFL debut on September 9, 2018 in the season opener against the Los Angeles Chargers, playing on special teams. Niemann made his first career start on November 11 in the Chiefs 26-14 win over the Arizona Cardinals and led the team with 6 tackles. Niemann finished his rookie season with 10 tackles made in 14 games played, mostly on special teams, and appeared in both the Chiefs postseason games, defending a pass in the endzone against the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional round and making two tackles on special teams in the AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots.
Niemann is the son of Jay and Lou Ann Niemann. His father is currently the Assistant Defensive Line Coach and Defensive Recruiting Coordinator for Iowa and had previously served as the Defensive Coordinator at Rutgers and Northern Illinois and as the head coach at Simpson College. He has a younger brother, Nick, who currently plays linebacker at Iowa.
- McDowell, Sam (August 13, 2018). "This Chiefs player was arguably the biggest standout in the preseason opener". The Kansas City Star. KansasCity.com. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- "2017 Roster-44 Ben Niemann-Stats". HawkeyeSports.com. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- Carifio, Eddie (July 20, 2018). "Sycamore grad Niemann signs with Chiefs". Daily Chronicle. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Sweeney, Pete (September 1, 2018). "How Ben Niemann beat out Ukeme Eligwe for the final Chiefs linebacker spot". Arrowhead Times. SB Nation. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- "Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers - September 9th, 2018 - Snap counts". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Sweeney, Pete; Trost, Aly (November 11, 2018). "Chiefs vs. Cardinals FINAL: Chiefs defeat Cardinals 26-14". Arrowhead Times. SB Nation. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- "The morning after a Chiefs Week 10 victory". Chiefs Wire. USAToday.com. November 12, 2018. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Goldman, Charles (February 20, 2019). "Chiefs 2018 rookie season review: LB Ben Niemann". Chiefs Wire. USA Today. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
- Kissel, BJ (August 28, 2018). "Football Has Always Come Easy to Chiefs' Rookie Linebacker Ben Niemann". Chiefs.com. Retrieved October 26, 2018.